There are newer employer reviews for Career Education

Things started off well.... but then....

Current Employee - Inquiry Response Coordinator in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Inquiry Response Coordinator in Chicago, IL

Pros

Location: the Merchandise mart is convenient for most employees Simple Objective: The goal of your day is pretty clear and to the point Other Coordinators: Very friendly and vibrant, helpful and there's camaraderie among peers

Cons

Micromanagement, broken systems, low morale, and the sheer amounts of stress that are predicated on numbers that you don't directly affect should definitely be within the disclaimer. The task that we perform is vastly over complicated and there's no positive end result to the work that is put in on a day to day basis. The repetition during a work day is painstaking at best... being asked to make 300 "connects" a day. Changes are thrown at us faster than we can respond to, and have no say so in the development and execution of these changes (even though were the ones ACTUALLY doing the work). We are held accountable for EVERYTHING that happens throughout the day in a negative sense with zero praise for rare moments of brilliance. Being a scapegoat for everything that goes wrong here is difficult... but it earns a living. Management, on any level could care less, always making canned "suggestions" and claiming "this is what i would do if i was on the phones".. and many figureheads in the company are unaware that we exist. Coordinators get cursed out and management has a jolly laugh continuing their own side conversations and subjective "monitoring". Even though we are under the same CEC umbrella, were treated as the ugly step children of the company left only to do the grunt work, with zero opportunity for advancement and zero accolades. And this is just the tip of the iceberg...

Advice to Management

Take care of the people that lay the groundwork and are "first contact" to prospective students when you treat them unprofessionally and a lack of respect... how do you expect them your prospective sources of revenue?..

Other Employee Reviews for Career Education

1. i woud describe it as great

Current Employee - Account Executive in Buford, OH
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Buford, OH

Pros

It has a family type environment and gives opportunity for growth. my goal is to explore growth with this company.

Cons

The cons is that the growth potential is out of town and I do not wait to relocate at this time.

Remains to be Seen

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Est, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Est, IL

Pros

Middle-management often pulls together when times are tough (they are). Beautiful new offices with many amenities. Compensation is competitive.

Cons

Poor reputation; questionable ethics; hands-off, non-communicative upper management. Politics frequently at play; cronyism is full-force.