Career Education
www.careered.com Schaumburg, IL 5000+ Employees

Terrible Leadership, Poor Ethics, No Future

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Career Education full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe organization is unwilling to fire employees who make unethical decisions and purposefully violate their own policies and procedures, if you are one of these people you are safe.

ConsLeaders have terrible ethics. The business model has been designed to load students with debt, then place them in low wage jobs where they cannot repay loans. Unacceptable decisions made at all levels of the organization that break accreditation criteria, break laws, and purposefully make things appear better than they are.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart behaving ethically.

Poor Leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Career Education

Pros: Good salary and benefits. Strong people at the middle… Cons: Very poor leadership at tne senior level No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Horrible entry level experience.

I have been working at Career Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Health insurance and 401(k) benefits. Cons: Horrible micromanagement. They look for quantity over quality. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Career Education.

Worked for Career Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Career Education reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Career Education CEO Scott W. Steffey. All reviews posted anonymously by Career Education employees.