Career Education
www.careered.com Schaumburg, IL 5000+ Employees

management need improvement

Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee)

ProsRated in the top 10 for all online MBA programs, better than UNC Chapel Hill, Bosnew focus on students.ton University, etc.,

ConsPoor management, top level management team has left company several times during the past 18 months, stock price has tanked resulting in huge losses for employees who pactipate in the stock option plan ( down from over $30.00 per share since mid 2011), and no cost of living raise during past 4 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou must have stability with senior management team, improve preception of company, at a minimum, provide a cost of living raise for all, and if you truly feel that the company cannot succeed without employees, treat as such.

Great growth in skill development!

(Former Employee)

I worked at Career Education full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I learned more growing with CEC than I ever did in college. Stick with the regional colleges though for more stability. Yes, the… Cons: The industry is in trouble. Advice to Senior Management: Quality control on the FA side of the house. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Only if you really need a job.

Admissions Advisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Career Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Compensation is fair after the Department of Education began more closely… Cons: Vety little training, even less opportunity for advancement. Very high turnover. This is an inside sales position, don't be fooled by the job title. You… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Career Education.

Worked for Career Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Career Education reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Career Education CEO Scott W. Steffey. All reviews posted anonymously by Career Education employees.