Career Education
www.careered.com Schaumburg, IL 5000+ Employees

Great place to work if you're in the right department.

Schaumburg, IL

ProsGreat co-workers, competitive salaries, great work/life balance. Overall, I really enjoy being part of the Career Education team. Every company has it's drawbacks, but I think this one has less than most.

ConsNegative reputation. Aside from the reputation, it's a difficult place to work if you don't handle change well. Things change almost daily and it's not good for the complacent.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in your employees and focus on students instead of profits. You're headed in the right direction, but you still have a ways to go.

Good Company, bad times for proprietary ed

Instructor (Current Employee)
    Skokie, IL

I have been working at Career Education full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good benefits, excellent life/work balance, wonderful coworkers. Cons: Economy and how it is posing challenges to this industry. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to people that work on the campuses. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

military admissions adviser position = high pressure telemarketing sales

Military Admissions Adviser (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Career Education full-time for more than a year

Pros: pay is decent, a new employee can make as much as $40k a year with full benefits. Even if you're… Cons: You are not an "admissions adviser", you are sales person. Your role is to enroll every person they transfer to you no matter what kind… Advice to Senior Management: Cut your losses and pull out of the education business. You have no idea… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Career Education.

Worked for Career Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Career Education reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Career Education CEO Scott W. Steffey. All reviews posted anonymously by Career Education employees.