Career Education

www.careered.com
  www.careered.com
There are newer employer reviews for Career Education

Good co-workers and employees treated relatively well, however the company's direction is iffy.

Former Employee - Imaging Associate in Hoffman Estates, IL
Former Employee - Imaging Associate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Career Education full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay; good co-workers; company does employee events such as holiday parties, and gives permission for departments to hold their own celebrations; there can be some flexibility with work hours to give a slightly better work/life balance.

Cons

Policies vary across the company and are hard to keep track of; training is not comprehensive across the board; bureaucracy can get in the way of solutions being implemented; no real potential for advancement in my particular department.

Make sure you hire the right person for the right job, in regards to employees, managers, and higher-ups. Enforce standardized policies across all schools and levels of business.

179 Other Employee Reviews for Career Education (View Most Recent)

Admissions

I worked at Career Education

Pros

They try to make it a fun atmosphere to work in

Cons

Non flexible schedule, low pay, and management doesn't know how to accurately target customers.

You can do better

Former Employee - Lead Instructor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Lead Instructor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Career Education full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The main benefit of working here is that you can get a foot in the door and some experience before moving on

Cons

The corporation will not show loyalty to you; once I realized this by seeing how it treated others, I made sure to get out asap. The entire for-profit education industry is constantly under federal scrutiny, and in my opinion takes advantage of those who don't know any better; the business model is completely unstable; very very high turnover

Be sure to communicate better to your employees; do not point fingers or play the blame game

There are newer employer reviews for Career Education