Career Education
www.careered.com Schaumburg, IL 5000+ Employees

Betrayed by a company I served with dedication

Instructional Designer (Former Employee)
Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Career Education

ProsThe best reasons to work for Career Education are to make a difference in the life of this country's youth by providing a quality education that leads to better job opportunities. The other reason is to bring change in our education system by assisting for-profit educational institutions to lead the fight at Washington, DC.

ConsThey are a lot of office politics. People are promoted not because of how well they perform but who they know. The senior management team serves themselves with huge stock options and salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote and recognize employees whose work performances are outstanding.

You can do better than this company.

Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee)
Saint Peters, MO

I worked at Career Education

Pros: Career Education is good to work for because if you can last there for a year, you realize that you can work anywhere and put… Cons: There are many reasons not to work at Career Education Corp. Broken promisesare one reason. Everyone there is expendable and they let you… Advice to Senior Management: Employees are people not just what is keeping you from… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

CEC NEEDS TO CLEAN HOUSE AND START OVER

Senior Instructor (Former Employee)
Tempe, AZ

I worked at Career Education

Pros: There aren't many, the benefits were better than average, the tuition plan was ok but very late in happening. It became obvious that management was… Cons: People were treated with such disrespect, no regard for private/family life, no communication, management very incompetent and never listened to employees even when they got… Advice to Senior Management: You can't, they won't listen, they think they know it all, when in fact they don't know jack about anything. All the management staff I… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Career Education.

Worked for Career Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Career Education reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Career Education CEO Scott W. Steffey. All reviews posted anonymously by Career Education employees.