CareerBuilder
www.careerbuilder.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Definitely a learning experience.

Online Consultant - Ebu (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at CareerBuilder

ProsGood Benefits.
Good money if you get lucky, make quota, and jump through their hoops.

ConsMy team lead was completely incompetent and biased. (The fact that you"re good at sales doesn't mean you will be a good manager)

They honestly don't care about their employees.

The work itself is very repetitive and boring.

Overall, CareerBuilder claims many different things such as the fact that their employees are happy or that there is room to move up within the company. While there is some truth to this on rare occasions, overall it is false. The competitive environment creates a great sense of hostility among coworkers. I have witnessed employees get thrown under the bus by their colleagues as well as their team leads.

When you are offered a position with this company, take it for the experience but I would strongly recommend looking for another job within a few months.

PS - I have worked here for a while and have been successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou give some team leads way too much credit.
Sometimes, there is more to success than numbers (which is difficult to comprehend because this is a sales job).

Great place to work

Chicago, IL

I have been working at CareerBuilder

Pros: Great leadership, focusing on delivering sales and results for our… Cons: The constantly changing sales force. Advice to Senior Management: Invest more in technology and web 2.0/3.0 solutions Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Glen Gary Glen Ross

Major Account Executive (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at CareerBuilder

Pros: pays well (if you are one of the 5% who… Cons: Intimidation style of management. Described as a 'Glen Gary, Glen Ross' sales environment. Turnover at the sales position is extremely high and customers despise… Advice to Senior Management: Find an identity and stick with it. President of NA… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CareerBuilder.

Worked for CareerBuilder? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CareerBuilder reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CareerBuilder CEO Matt Ferguson. All reviews posted anonymously by CareerBuilder employees.