There are newer employer reviews for CareerBuilder

Definitely a learning experience.

Current Employee - Online Consultant - Ebu in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Online Consultant - Ebu in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good Benefits. Good money if you get lucky, make quota, and jump through their hoops.

Cons

My team lead was completely incompetent and biased. (The fact that you"re good at sales doesn't mean you will be a good manager) They honestly don't care about their employees. The work itself is very repetitive and boring. Overall, CareerBuilder claims many different things such as the fact that their employees are happy or that there is room to move up within the company. While there is some truth to this on rare occasions, overall it is false. The competitive environment creates a great sense of hostility among coworkers. I have witnessed employees get thrown under the bus by their colleagues as well as their team leads. When you are offered a position with this company, take it for the experience but I would strongly recommend looking for another job within a few months. PS - I have worked here for a while and have been successful.

Advice to Management

You give some team leads way too much credit. Sometimes, there is more to success than numbers (which is difficult to comprehend because this is a sales job).

Other Employee Reviews for CareerBuilder

1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great leadership, focusing on delivering sales and results for our clients.

Cons

The constantly changing sales force.

Advice to Management

Invest more in technology and web 2.0/3.0 solutions

2. Great company where hard work is noticed through prizes, compensation and promotions!

Current Employee - Online Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Online Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

1. Work/Life Balance – I never work over 40 hours! 2. Internal Promotions – I have been here for 1 year 3 months and have been promoted twice 3. Manager Support – My managers jump on calls, strategize accounts and provide feedback 4. Training – We have trainings all the time so I can improve my skills 5. Benefits – SUMMER HOURS, Wellness Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement 6. Fun Atmosphere – Position requires a LOT of work, but my work is noticed 7. My team does contests, team outings, fun incentives to keep us motivated.

Cons

1. This position has a lot of activity – high volume of calls, appointments but has very generous comp package for the work we do 2. This is not an easy position, it requires time, work, dedication but with a strong work ethic you can get promoted fast and make a lot of money

Advice to Management

Although we have an individual quota, it would be fun to also have a team goal so it gives us something to work towards together.