There are newer employer reviews for CareerBuilder

I have learned more in 4 years here at CareerBuilder than any of the many other jobs I have had.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

CareerBuilder is a fantastic company that understands the value of its employees. They have phenomenal training, earned advancement in your career path, & the best benefits I have ever seen. The pay is competitive, you will make as much work as you are putting in. The consistently encourage our personal and professional growth. Leadership is always there for help, unlike other organizations where they sit in their ivory towers waiting for you to figure it out or fail. The sales resources are virtually unlimited and the peers in this office are always supportive. I fully enjoy my job, even after all my time here.

Cons

The only real downside is the same as every other downside in a sales role...it's sales. There is pressure, expectations, and the occasional unhappy potential client. At least here, there is always support to get you to your numbers.

Other Employee Reviews for CareerBuilder

1. positive

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great Benefits Understanding Management Freedom to run your own "business" Not micro-managed Great Location Downtown near all CTA buses and trains

Cons

Pay is not very competitive but even operational (non sales) employees receive quarterly bonuses based on quarterly goals they set with their management as well as how well the company performs

Advice to Management

Pay your employees for their worth. Many people are leaving because they can find jobs at companies nearby with better salaries.

2. Like getting paid to go to school

Current Employee - VBU Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - VBU Sales in Chicago, IL

Pros

- premium skill development platform - rewards hard workers - Cars.com + Groupon are two companies that actively sought to duplicate CareerBuilders entry level sales foRce success.

Cons

- Narrow Vision + Lack of Flexibility from the top leadership.... Leadership has a round hole that they insist everyone fit into.... End result is frustrated + demotivated sales teams.

Advice to Management

The VBU does what you want it to do but I believe it's future+ long term success require a significant philosophical process change. The best reps in the VBU consistently report "hating their lives". Figure out a different productivity optimizer other than activity blahnonstop,