CareerBuilder

www.careerbuilder.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for CareerBuilder

Come here to grow your career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder

Pros

great benefits, great people, great opporunities for growth

Cons

don't pay industry standard salaries but try to make it up in other ways

491 Other Employee Reviews for CareerBuilder (View Most Recent)

Hold onto your hats.

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at CareerBuilder

Pros

It was great to be able to say that I worked there. The reputation was great. It was also easy to get to in the Loop.

Cons

It was like a whole bunch of college kids working together in a pressure cooker of sale sales sales. Instead of seeing the skills and talent in people that might be able to do more than they were asked for, they looked down on you if deadlines were not met. Even if the reason for not meeting them was because you discovered that how you were doing it was not going to work.

Take a moment and see it from the level of the person you are speaking to. It is not always the same in the trenches as it is in the management office.

I have learned more in 4 years here at CareerBuilder than any of the many other jobs I have had.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at CareerBuilder

Pros

CareerBuilder is a fantastic company that understands the value of its employees. They have phenomenal training, earned advancement in your career path, & the best benefits I have ever seen. The pay is competitive, you will make as much work as you are putting in. The consistently encourage our personal and professional growth. Leadership is always there for help, unlike other organizations where they sit in their ivory towers waiting for you to figure it out or fail. The sales resources are virtually unlimited and the peers in this office are always supportive. I fully enjoy my job, even after all my time here.

Cons

The only real downside is the same as every other downside in a sales role...it's sales. There is pressure, expectations, and the occasional unhappy potential client. At least here, there is always support to get you to your numbers.

There are newer employer reviews for CareerBuilder