CareerBuilder
www.careerbuilder.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to start your career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at CareerBuilder

Pros*Excellent corporate culture. I loved my managers, co-workers, and coming to the office
* Very flexible with scheduling, work/life balance
* Management team empowered us to make our own decisions
* Learned a lot about the industry in a short time...great professional development
* Management Team is quite competent
*Competitive benefits

Cons* The salary for non-sales people sucks across the board. Many on our operations team started as contractors, so they got the horrible CB salary, and none of the benefits.
* Sometimes a bit of a "high school" like atmosphere, "who you know" is very important
* Sometimes a lack of communication between sales and operations, leading to project confusion.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the pay for your operations and delivery staff. You lose an awful lot of very good talent each year because other firms are willing to pay what they are worth.

Fun company, compensation is tightening up

National Account Executive (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I worked at CareerBuilder

Pros: Energetic workforce and incredibly competitive environment. Cons: Incredible turnover, somtimes high school like atmosphere. Advice to Senior Management: Be more business driven, less analytics Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great culture, but...

Major Account Executive (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at CareerBuilder

Pros: The culture of the office is fantastic, as far as the sales reps is concerned. Good benefits. Very… Cons: A glaring downside: promotions are not necessarily based on merit. A big factor in getting promoted (in the… Advice to Senior Management: My advice to senior management: increase your focus on the "soft skills" of your middle managers. My advice to middle management: be more professional.… More

There are newer reviews on CareerBuilder.

Worked for CareerBuilder? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CareerBuilder reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CareerBuilder CEO Matt Ferguson. All reviews posted anonymously by CareerBuilder employees.