CareerBuilder
www.careerbuilder.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great starter job for recent grads

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsNowadays it seems all employers want experience, but few are willing to actually give you any. It's like they expect you to graduate from college and automatically have 5 years of experience. Careerbuilder was the opposite. They seemed to prefer people straight out of college. Put a few hundred 22 year old's in an office and it makes for a pretty fun place to work!...at least for a while.

On top of that, benefits were great and there were plenty of pretty girls to oogle over!

ConsThere's lots of turnover for the sales staff. It didn't matter if you were normally an all-star salesperson. If you were down on your luck and failed to hit your quota 2 months in a row, they let you go. It was often times ice cold. Someone once told me that approximately 50% of entry-level sales people they hire will be gone within 6 months and only 10% will make it one year. Based on what I saw, I'd say that was probably fairly accurate. When the recession hit in '09, things seemed to ease up a bit in terms of cutting people more slack, but I have no idea how it is now.

Favoritism existed on my team. It eventually got to the point where I was spinning my wheels at CB. Despite having seniority on my team and quality job performance, I wasn't buddy-buddy with my manager the way others were. Therefore I was going nowhere. The longer I worked there, the more things seemed to deteriorate. I clearly had overstayed my welcome.

Overall, great place to work when you're just starting out. But this place is mostly a stepping stone to bigger and better things. I've moved on from CB, but some days I miss it. I've even found myself curiously checking their Careers page to see if they have anything matching my current skill set.

Fantastic company that invests in its employees

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Company really invests in its employees - great training program, great benefits, etc. You absolutely have the ability to write your… Cons: Same as every company - there can be some politics Advice to Senior Management: Invest a little more in your front-line managers in either… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company

Major Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I worked at CareerBuilder full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Amazing people; I met so many of my best friends… Cons: Too much red tape - sometimes makes it hard to… Advice to Senior Management: Communication between departments needs to get better. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CareerBuilder.

Worked for CareerBuilder? Contribute to the Community!

CareerBuilder – Why Work for Us?

Empowering people to find careers that let them live the life they want. Mission Employee-Driven. Customer-Focused. CareerBuilder’s mission is to empower employment. We are striving to organize all the world’s… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CareerBuilder reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CareerBuilder CEO Matt Ferguson. All reviews posted anonymously by CareerBuilder employees.