CareerBuilder

There are newer employer reviews for CareerBuilder

Good Company, Great Culture, Could Improve Retention of Top Sales Reps

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at CareerBuilder full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

CareerBuilder does a phenomenal job of building a great culture with excellent energy. Their annual kick off event includes some of the best speakers in the world. They provide employees with much more than just a job. On top of that, Executive leadership is extremely strong and they set a good example for employees to follow.

Cons

One of the biggest grumbles that you hear from current and former employees pertains to the compensation plan. The base salary is well below what you can make elsewhere and they recently deferred much of the bonuses until the latter part of the year. From a business perspective I can respect why this was done but I believe this is going to result in significantly more turnover of top performing reps who have been with the company a long time. Retaining top sales reps has always been an issue. It is far too common for a rep to have an amazing year and then be gone the next year.

Continue to build an excellent culture that energizes employees and encourages innovation. Find a better way to retain top talent. Increase base salaries so they are competitive. Revise comp plans so reps aren't penalized as heavily when one or two large accounts don't renew. Continue to host awesome kick off events with great speakers.

466 Other Employee Reviews for CareerBuilder (View Most Recent)

Great Company

Former Employee - Major Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Major Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at CareerBuilder full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing people; I met so many of my best friends working here, friends I will have for life.

Cons

Too much red tape - sometimes makes it hard to just sell.

Communication between departments needs to get better.

Fun company, promote Learning & Development and Internal advancement

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fairly young atmosphere, good leaders, encouraging work environment, great educational opportunities to advance learning, good benefits and non-tangible benefits (happy hours, group outings each quarter, lunches, etc.). Opportunities to be heard and share your ideas.

Cons

Sales is definitely the name of the game. Primary focus is on all sales teams and everything is catered to those groups. Senior management across the company seems to be a "Boys Club"

I work on the Operations/Consulting side of CareerBuilder and feel like our knowledge is underutilized. Through the effort of our team, we are able to help secure repeat revenue, however the Sales Rep is the only person awarded for this effort. Spend time speaking with your non-sales teams to see how knowledgeable and helpful they may be in driving increased sales, and reward them too!

There are newer employer reviews for CareerBuilder