There are newer employer reviews for CareerBuilder

Amazing people doing amazing work together

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Your career at CareerBuilder is what you make of it. There are many opportunities but you have to go get them, nothing will be handed to you. I love that I have worked here for many, many years yet I still continue to learn and grow every day. The people I work with are wonderful for the most part and we all truly care about this organization. The culture here is just amazing and we are very protective of it.

Cons

Salary will probably always be slightly lower than the market. It is unfortunate as I have seen many good people leave here because of that.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to everyone, we are the company's eyes and ears.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Learning culture. Would rather take time to build rather than buy. No CareerGrowth

Current Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun, casual environment and dress (unless your in Sales or Customer Care), Exceptionally good work life balance. Good benefits

Cons

No career development or planning as most leaders are not experienced enough to know how to do it. Salaries are typically average and bonus is only 10% for Technology and you must have Above Expectations performance review to receive it.

Advice to Management

Lead by example when it comes to career development. There's little movement for Team Leads & Mgrs as orgs remain flat with few Directors or VPs. No one really understands or practices Candor and Agility values

2. Excellent Employeer - Believes in their Employees

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent place to work, trust the employee, rewards & recognizes hard work, gives freedom to do the best job and does not micromanage. Truly trusts their remote employees and enables them to deliver successful results. CB values great talent.

Cons

Sometimes there can be long hours however CB does strive for a good work life balance. Overall I can't imagine a better place to work. They have good solid values that they stand behind.