There are newer employer reviews for CareerBuilder

Amazing people doing amazing work together

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norcross, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Your career at CareerBuilder is what you make of it. There are many opportunities but you have to go get them, nothing will be handed to you. I love that I have worked here for many, many years yet I still continue to learn and grow every day. The people I work with are wonderful for the most part and we all truly care about this organization. The culture here is just amazing and we are very protective of it.

Cons

Salary will probably always be slightly lower than the market. It is unfortunate as I have seen many good people leave here because of that.

Continue to listen to everyone, we are the company's eyes and ears.

458 Other Employee Reviews for CareerBuilder (View Most Recent)

Overworked and Underpaid

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great Health/Dental/Vision
    - Wellness Reimbursement
    - Paid days off to volunteer
    - Team outings and happy hours
    - Not a lot of micro-managing
    - Casual dress days (every Friday & Summer)
    - Summer Hours
    - Fun atmosphere
    - CareerBuilder does an excellent job of distracting their employees with fun games, prizes, and alcohol

Cons

- Pay
    - Terrible management
    - Terrible technology, no test environments for new code. Technology is from the 90's, breaks all the time
    - More work than fits in an 8 hour day, but no one is allow to work more than 8 hours a day.
    - Unobtainable expectations for daily responsibilities and for quarterly bonuses (nearly impossible to gain the maximum amount)
    - Held to a very high standard for customer satisfaction, so high it can take months to be evaluated positively after one mediocre evaluation.
    - When asking for advise or expressing frustrations the common response from people is "You have to not care"
    - Cutthroat environment for advancement.... it is not about who does the best job, it is a popularity contest. Moreover, if there is an opportunity for advancement, their are 200 people trying to get 1 promotion because everyone wants out of this role.
    - Continually changes operational procedures without telling the company much less training them properly before the changes occur. Then those in the support roles have to take the backlash from the clients.
    - Sales reps treated like gods, support reps treated terribly... no respect for those in this position.

Look at other companies... see the base salaries and job requirements for this role. Most companies require half as much work and pay at least $10,000 more. You expect people to come into this role to gain experience and move on... yet the requirements for the job to be met; you must have long term experience in the role. It creates a chaotic environment that breeds employees that will only do enough to not get fired. There are no incentives to go above and beyond.

Learning culture. Would rather take time to build rather than buy. No CareerGrowth

Current Employee - Manager  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun, casual environment and dress (unless your in Sales or Customer Care), Exceptionally good work life balance. Good benefits

Cons

No career development or planning as most leaders are not experienced enough to know how to do it. Salaries are typically average and bonus is only 10% for Technology and you must have Above Expectations performance review to receive it.

Lead by example when it comes to career development. There's little movement for Team Leads & Mgrs as orgs remain flat with few Directors or VPs. No one really understands or practices Candor and Agility values

There are newer employer reviews for CareerBuilder

Worked for CareerBuilder? Contribute to the Community!