CareerBuilder

www.careerbuilder.com
  www.careerbuilder.com
There are newer employer reviews for CareerBuilder

Amazing people doing amazing work together

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Your career at CareerBuilder is what you make of it. There are many opportunities but you have to go get them, nothing will be handed to you. I love that I have worked here for many, many years yet I still continue to learn and grow every day. The people I work with are wonderful for the most part and we all truly care about this organization. The culture here is just amazing and we are very protective of it.

Cons

Salary will probably always be slightly lower than the market. It is unfortunate as I have seen many good people leave here because of that.

Continue to listen to everyone, we are the company's eyes and ears.

459 Other Employee Reviews for CareerBuilder (View Most Recent)

Excellent Employeer - Believes in their Employees

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent place to work, trust the employee, rewards & recognizes hard work, gives freedom to do the best job and does not micromanage. Truly trusts their remote employees and enables them to deliver successful results. CB values great talent.

Cons

Sometimes there can be long hours however CB does strive for a good work life balance. Overall I can't imagine a better place to work. They have good solid values that they stand behind.

Overworked and Underpaid

Current Employee - Account Manager in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Great Health/Dental/Vision
    - Wellness Reimbursement
    - Paid days off to volunteer
    - Team outings and happy hours
    - Not a lot of micro-managing
    - Casual dress days (every Friday & Summer)
    - Summer Hours
    - Fun atmosphere
    - CareerBuilder does an excellent job of distracting their employees with fun games, prizes, and alcohol

Cons

- Pay
    - Terrible management
    - Terrible technology, no test environments for new code. Technology is from the 90's, breaks all the time
    - More work than fits in an 8 hour day, but no one is allow to work more than 8 hours a day.
    - Unobtainable expectations for daily responsibilities and for quarterly bonuses (nearly impossible to gain the maximum amount)
    - Held to a very high standard for customer satisfaction, so high it can take months to be evaluated positively after one mediocre evaluation.
    - When asking for advise or expressing frustrations the common response from people is "You have to not care"
    - Cutthroat environment for advancement.... it is not about who does the best job, it is a popularity contest. Moreover, if there is an opportunity for advancement, their are 200 people trying to get 1 promotion because everyone wants out of this role.
    - Continually changes operational procedures without telling the company much less training them properly before the changes occur. Then those in the support roles have to take the backlash from the clients.
    - Sales reps treated like gods, support reps treated terribly... no respect for those in this position.

Look at other companies... see the base salaries and job requirements for this role. Most companies require half as much work and pay at least $10,000 more. You expect people to come into this role to gain experience and move on... yet the requirements for the job to be met; you must have long term experience in the role. It creates a chaotic environment that breeds employees that will only do enough to not get fired. There are no incentives to go above and beyond.

There are newer employer reviews for CareerBuilder