There are newer employer reviews for CareerBuilder

Great company values, learning culture, lots of opportunities with company in growth mode.

Current Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA
Current Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder

Pros

Company Values, Learning Culture, Business in Growth Mode

Cons

Low salaries for techies; Too many emails

Advice to Management

Too much disciplined freedom allows people to expand into other areas of the business currently occupied and managed by others. So overlap in responsibilities occur with no accountability.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to find what you want

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at CareerBuilder

Pros

people and culture are the best htings about working here. if you have a sense of humor, don't mind talking on the phone to the dumbest HR people imaginable then you will like it. The poeple are what make it fun. I play catch inthe office, have beers after work, and sometimes we do cool events that revolve around aprtying. Very stressful, but if you're good you can make a lot of doiugh from day one. I have seen it happen a hundred times. Burnout is common but culture is cool. THey play favorites, but not as bad as other companies I have owrked for. You get that everywahere but here performance is measured. You can also question management and they encourage it without repricussion

Cons

telesales sucks. I dont like to make 75 dials and do two and a half hour of talk time. retarded, but they have a point because it forces you to call on new business. my manager was more concerned with his success than that of his employees. this can lead to poor feedback or none. whatever you consider worse. The managers walk around and ask for sales like we are a call center, but then preach about consultative sales. consultative takes time and is not something done the day of. hypocrotical managers. dont be late and then show up ten minutes late. I am not sure if that is to show what its like, but as a manager you should be an example at all times.

Advice to Management

place people better if they are "drinking the Kool-Aid" and pay to transfer them

2. There's a reason it's one of the best places to start a career.

Current Employee - Interactive Sales Specialist-U30 in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Interactive Sales Specialist-U30 in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CareerBuilder

Pros

The company really cares about it's employees in every possible way. Their basic philosophy is that if they keep their employees happy they will A. be loyal and B. be more productive. They constantly do things for their employees, throwing parties with tons of food and booze, taking us bowling on company time, having a picnic at the Chicago Field Museum, throwing a lavish yearly kick off party with speeches by people like Colin Powell.

Cons

It's a sales job, which means lots of rejection and lots of time spent chasing down prospective clients. It's not an easy job and it's something that takes alot of work to get good at.

Advice to Management

I think the veteran sales guys should be in the tougher territories. I say this because the hard sell is not a great place for a beginner to start off.