There are newer employer reviews for CareerBuilder

Rewarding!

I have been working at CareerBuilder

Pros

First, this job isn't for you if you have issues taking initiative, want to work a 9 to 5, or if you don't handle constant deadlines. I've seen some reviews of people saying the compensation sucks if you don't hit your number...I hate to break it to you, but that's how sales works. Take away the quota, it's hard to get people to work hard enough to hit numbers and grow business.

Sales isn't a joke, and the reason this company is successful rests on the sales teams.

1. The benefits are fantastic.
2. The compensation plan is the best I've seen in sales--tell me where you can earn an extra $50k on top of your base in an ENTRY LEVEL sales job.
3. Lot's of room for growth--been promoted 3 times in 12 months. You do your job, you move up.
4. Tons of development. Managers are committed to training and improving their staff.

Cons

1. This job takes more than 40 hours per week to be successful
2. There are some sales people at the company that need to go--they're negative and they haven't hit their number in over a year. They're a cancer to the people around them. Management is sometimes too hesitant to let people go.

reviews filtered by

Great benefits & culture

I have been working at CareerBuilder

Pros

Benefits, training, learning & development, compensation structure and opportunity to make your own career path. If you want to stay in direct sales the whole time, that's OK...if you want to fast track to management, you're supported as well. Conversely, if you're not happy where you are but doing the work, leadership will help find a position that's more suited to your talents...at least the good ones will.

Cons

A lot of Director & Sr. Management roles were given out in the past just based on tenure and whether or not someone "fit the mold" of the coveted "Boys Club" that ran rampant for many years. Since the economic downturn, it's gotten much better but I still think there are Managers & Directors that shouldn't be in their positions. This creates disdain for the people that have done the work, asked for the promotions and been bypassed by someone else just because of friendship status or (as mentioned above) company tenure.

Continue to listen to your employees and what they're asking for, along with what customers are asking for too.

2. It's Fun and Focused

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder

Pros

- Fun
    - Never Boring
    - Everyone is focused and the focus comes from the top
    - A lot of freedom on how I do my job
    - They test an area before they throw too much money at it.
    - Focus on Leadership, not Management at the upper levels is very good
    - They do employee surveys and actually make changes from them

Cons

- Communication could be better
    - Change comes quickly. You have to get used to that.
    - Early leadership training is needed for anyone becoming a Team Lead or Manager
    - The sales area is brutal but the potential to be very young and make a lot of money is there

Train young leaders. No one should become a Team Lead or anything higher without a class.

There are newer employer reviews for CareerBuilder