CareerBuilder
www.careerbuilder.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Rewarding!

Chicago, IL

I have been working at CareerBuilder

ProsFirst, this job isn't for you if you have issues taking initiative, want to work a 9 to 5, or if you don't handle constant deadlines. I've seen some reviews of people saying the compensation sucks if you don't hit your number...I hate to break it to you, but that's how sales works. Take away the quota, it's hard to get people to work hard enough to hit numbers and grow business.

Sales isn't a joke, and the reason this company is successful rests on the sales teams.

1. The benefits are fantastic.
2. The compensation plan is the best I've seen in sales--tell me where you can earn an extra $50k on top of your base in an ENTRY LEVEL sales job.
3. Lot's of room for growth--been promoted 3 times in 12 months. You do your job, you move up.
4. Tons of development. Managers are committed to training and improving their staff.

Cons1. This job takes more than 40 hours per week to be successful
2. There are some sales people at the company that need to go--they're negative and they haven't hit their number in over a year. They're a cancer to the people around them. Management is sometimes too hesitant to let people go.

It's Fun and Focused

Norcross, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder

Pros: - Fun - Never Boring - Everyone is focused and the focus comes from the top - A lot of freedom on how I do my job - They… Cons: - Communication could be better - Change comes quickly. You have to get used to that. - Early leadership training is needed for anyone becoming… Advice to Senior Management: Train young leaders. No one should become a Team… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

CareerBuilder rewards hard workers

Major Account Executive (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at CareerBuilder

Pros: The reps who exceed quota get rewarded. The reps who are constantly below their numbers should re-evaluate their career choice. CareerBuilder is not… Cons: Long hours and you are constantly working - much like… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CareerBuilder.

Worked for CareerBuilder? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CareerBuilder reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CareerBuilder CEO Matt Ferguson. All reviews posted anonymously by CareerBuilder employees.