CareerBuilder

Great place to work

Former Employee - National Account Executive in New York, NY
Former Employee - National Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at CareerBuilder

Pros

if you are a sales champion this company will reward you and your upward mobility is endless. The entire culture is sales focused.

Cons

The depth of knowledge outside of sales is limited. Thus you really have very little support when selling new products and services.

459 Other Employee Reviews for CareerBuilder (View Most Recent)

Rewarding!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CareerBuilder

Pros

First, this job isn't for you if you have issues taking initiative, want to work a 9 to 5, or if you don't handle constant deadlines. I've seen some reviews of people saying the compensation sucks if you don't hit your number...I hate to break it to you, but that's how sales works. Take away the quota, it's hard to get people to work hard enough to hit numbers and grow business.

Sales isn't a joke, and the reason this company is successful rests on the sales teams.

1. The benefits are fantastic.
    2. The compensation plan is the best I've seen in sales--tell me where you can earn an extra $50k on top of your base in an ENTRY LEVEL sales job.
    3. Lot's of room for growth--been promoted 3 times in 12 months. You do your job, you move up.
    4. Tons of development. Managers are committed to training and improving their staff.

Cons

1. This job takes more than 40 hours per week to be successful
    2. There are some sales people at the company that need to go--they're negative and they haven't hit their number in over a year. They're a cancer to the people around them. Management is sometimes too hesitant to let people go.

CareerBuilder rewards hard workers

Current Employee - Major Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Major Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at CareerBuilder

Pros

The reps who exceed quota get rewarded. The reps who are constantly below their numbers should re-evaluate their career choice. CareerBuilder is not a place for folks to come and collect a paycheck. You are expected to work hard and constantly manage your book of business. If you are able to do this - you will be rewarded financially and get public recognition.

Cons

Long hours and you are constantly working - much like any other sales job.
    Extensive travel