There are newer employer reviews for CareersUSA

Be afraid . . .very afraid!

Former Employee - Marketing in Boca Raton, FL
Former Employee - Marketing in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at CareersUSA

Pros

As an entry level worker, this company can get you in the door.

Cons

This is a company run by ego. Marilyn J. Ounjian spends more time trying to get her name in the paper and named business woman of the year. She is frequently over her head when it comes to executing strategy. While ambitious, she rewards "yes" men and does not like to listen to opposing thoughts. Nepotism is rampant in this company as well.

Sr. Management should understand that greatness is built on trusting and listening to those who are in a position to know more about yourself.

22 Other Employee Reviews for CareersUSA (View Most Recent)

I don't recommend this company

I worked at CareersUSA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Individuals in the branch offices and a few inside headquarters that truly care about their clients and candidates.
    It's a GREAT place to work if you want to learn how NOT to be a leader. How NOT to treat clients.

Cons

Cons are a difficult thing to list -just start at the top and work your way down. Overall, the corporate culture is predatory, and is a company where ANYONE is designed to fail. Employees are often grossly underpaid compared to their local market and highly overburdened. Big Brother is not a random joke here, in our own office there was talk of our desktops being "shadowed" so headquarters could watch what we were doing over our shoulders. Backstabbing, out-right lying to get ahead and brown-nose, are COMMON. I experienced this myself. Don't believe ANY of their promises - not one thing told to me in my interview and offer came true. Training was nonexistent, and when I found outside training programs in my area, they absolutely refused to authorize the time off to attend OR pay for it.
    Candidates are treated like meat - HQ is more about getting bodies in the door than finding the best qualified candidates.
    I had to take a few personal days off due to a family funeral out of town (yes, had to use up my nonexistant personal days to do this) and got a call two hours after the funeral questioning my loyalty to the company. This entire corporation is a hostile work environment.

Integrity.

Not just a job but a Career! Always happy to come to work

Current Employee - Recruiter/Business Development in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Business Development in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at CareersUSA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have taught me so much about staffing and much more. I am constantly learning and I feel they truly care about me and my development. I have been there for over a year now and every week is exciting. Between my salary and commissions I have been making great money. Best part of the job is that my co-workers are a pleasure to work with and we are a team.

Cons

No cons that i can see.

I love the weekly sales meetings/open forum where we can discuss anything. Keep those going. Also the monthly team lunch is great.

There are newer employer reviews for CareersUSA