There are newer employer reviews for CareersUSA

Be afraid . . .very afraid!

Former Employee - Marketing in Boca Raton, FL
Former Employee - Marketing in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

As an entry level worker, this company can get you in the door.

Cons

This is a company run by ego. Marilyn J. Ounjian spends more time trying to get her name in the paper and named business woman of the year. She is frequently over her head when it comes to executing strategy. While ambitious, she rewards "yes" men and does not like to listen to opposing thoughts. Nepotism is rampant in this company as well.

Advice to Management

Sr. Management should understand that greatness is built on trusting and listening to those who are in a position to know more about yourself.

Other Employee Reviews for CareersUSA

I don't recommend this company

I worked at CareersUSA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Individuals in the branch offices and a few inside headquarters that truly care about their clients and candidates. It's a GREAT place to work if you want to learn how NOT to be a leader. How NOT to treat clients.

Cons

Cons are a difficult thing to list -just start at the top and work your way down. Overall, the corporate culture is predatory, and is a company where ANYONE is designed to fail. Employees are often grossly underpaid compared to their local market and highly overburdened. Big Brother is not a random joke here, in our own office there was talk of our desktops being "shadowed" so headquarters could watch what we were doing over our shoulders. Backstabbing, out-right lying to get ahead and brown-nose, are COMMON. I experienced this myself. Don't believe ANY of their promises - not one thing told to me in my interview and offer came true. Training was nonexistent, and when I found outside training programs in my area, they absolutely refused to authorize the time off to attend OR pay for it. Candidates are treated like meat - HQ is more about getting bodies in the door than finding the best qualified candidates. I had to take a few personal days off due to a family funeral out of town (yes, had to use up my nonexistant personal days to do this) and got a call two hours after the funeral questioning my loyalty to the company. This entire corporation is a hostile work environment.

Advice to Management

Integrity.

2. Case Manager for Catholic Charities

Former Contractor - Case Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Contractor - Case Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at CareersUSA as a contractor

Pros

Weekly pay checks. They contact you quickly for interviews

Cons

Unprofessional work environment. Terrible phone etiquette.

Advice to Management

Communicate with job seekers instead of blowing them off