CareersUSA

www.careersusa.com
  www.careersusa.com
There are newer employer reviews for CareersUSA

Be afraid . . .very afraid!

Former Employee - Marketing in Boca Raton, FL
Former Employee - Marketing in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at CareersUSA

Pros

As an entry level worker, this company can get you in the door.

Cons

This is a company run by ego. Marilyn J. Ounjian spends more time trying to get her name in the paper and named business woman of the year. She is frequently over her head when it comes to executing strategy. While ambitious, she rewards "yes" men and does not like to listen to opposing thoughts. Nepotism is rampant in this company as well.

Sr. Management should understand that greatness is built on trusting and listening to those who are in a position to know more about yourself.

24 Other Employee Reviews for CareersUSA (View Most Recent)

I don't recommend this company

I worked at CareersUSA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Individuals in the branch offices and a few inside headquarters that truly care about their clients and candidates.
    It's a GREAT place to work if you want to learn how NOT to be a leader. How NOT to treat clients.

Cons

Cons are a difficult thing to list -just start at the top and work your way down. Overall, the corporate culture is predatory, and is a company where ANYONE is designed to fail. Employees are often grossly underpaid compared to their local market and highly overburdened. Big Brother is not a random joke here, in our own office there was talk of our desktops being "shadowed" so headquarters could watch what we were doing over our shoulders. Backstabbing, out-right lying to get ahead and brown-nose, are COMMON. I experienced this myself. Don't believe ANY of their promises - not one thing told to me in my interview and offer came true. Training was nonexistent, and when I found outside training programs in my area, they absolutely refused to authorize the time off to attend OR pay for it.
    Candidates are treated like meat - HQ is more about getting bodies in the door than finding the best qualified candidates.
    I had to take a few personal days off due to a family funeral out of town (yes, had to use up my nonexistant personal days to do this) and got a call two hours after the funeral questioning my loyalty to the company. This entire corporation is a hostile work environment.

Integrity.

Overall very positive experience

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at CareersUSA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working in the HQ, you are close to management, which is a huge plus in my opinion. They are easily accessible for advice, input, and training on most things. The coworker relations are also very good; people are very professional, but casual, with each other at the same time. Its a very nice work environment to be in on a day to day basis. Your work day will be busy, but the day flies by and the work itself is fulfilling.

Cons

The work can be demanding, and at times you will have to work past/outside of the normal work day. However, that is part of the job and happens only occasionally.

Continue initiatives to improve the company and morale - I think they are doing great so far.

There are newer employer reviews for CareersUSA