There are newer employer reviews for CareersUSA

Run away

Former Employee - Sales Director  in  Newark, DE
Former Employee - Sales Director in Newark, DE

I worked at CareersUSA full-time for less than a year

Pros

My in-office staff was great

Cons

They are in the dark ages when it comes to technology and a CRM to manage clients, still on a DOS based platform, windows 2000. You have to type all of your activities in each day, send duplicating reports and you are micro managed beyond belief. No true sales rep will ever succeed here, because they lack they technology, training and tools for an effective operation, most of the office staff has never recieved a commision check. I regret wasting my time interviewing and testing for the job. PLEASE believe the post written here, I overlooked them, left my job and turned down two other offers only to leave two weeks after starting. This is truly the worst company that I have ever come in contact in my working career. I had a bad feeling within a week while in training, and you wont get much of that. No director in the whole region? all thIe employees can't be the problem. The Director that I was supposed to shadow, quit two days before we were to go out. They tell you it takes weeks to set up direct deposit, then instruct you to tell associates Not to deposit checks until after noon on payday. open they way that management operates. They will shadow you on the computers, track all of your activites by your reports down to the minute. I have never seen anything like it. I wish I had taken heed to the post I read here, and I would never in my right mind took this position. There is no opportunity in this company.avoid this place

if you dont trust or want to invest in the tools employees need to be successful don't hire

21 Other Employee Reviews for CareersUSA (View Most Recent)

Terrible, stay far away!

I worked at CareersUSA full-time for less than a year

Pros

May be a good company just to get your foot in the door and get some experience but on the other hand this company may turn you completely off.

Cons

TERRIBLE senior managment and ownership. Virtually no real world business experience and VERY micro-management style. The company is very cheap and refuses to put any money in to the business. As of 2012, still using Microsoft 2000.

Quit.

Mule. Responsible for taking care of everything for pennies.

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Newark, DE

I worked at CareersUSA

Pros

Co-worker's were great. Really nice people to work along side with.
    Hours aren't long, typical 8-5 (They don't like paying over time.)
    Promotion opportunities available if you work your tail off and are a yes man.

Cons

Operational system is a joke. Recruiters should have one focus, RECRUITING! Not here. You will be responsible for answering all phone calls, posting jobs, reviewing resumes, conducting screening interviews, in house interviews, background checks, drug tests (in center), handing out paychecks, disciplining employees, firing, keeping the branch clean, handling all HR paperwork,
    opening/closing branch, talking to customers, handling customer problems, and selling your services. Admins answer phones and take phone calls, Sales people sell the services, Recruiters recruit, and Management keeps them all in line. Not here, you will get to do all 4 roles at the same time.

Bottom line: The system they have in place is terrible for running an effective business. The regional manager responsible for this office offers no training, no praise, no effective strategies for getting the job done. Seems her job description is to come in at 9am and stare at emails until 5pm.

Take a look at your regional management, they offer very little in helping the company grow.

There are newer employer reviews for CareersUSA

Worked for CareersUSA? Contribute to the Community!