Carenet Healthcare Services

www.callcarenet.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Carenet Healthcare Services

Stay Away if you value your career

Current Employee - Care Advisor in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Care Advisor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at home, being with family, co-workers

Cons

Awful Management, poor values, and zero integrity. This company is the worst I have ever worked for. To begin with ALL management consists of women who are moody, unprofessional, and rude. Furthermore, they are unqualified to supervise, instruct, or otherwise influence anyone. Additionally,they use deceptive, falsified reviews and pay rates on other sites to recruit nursing staff,and are unprofessional, ruthlessly vengeful if you cross them, disagree with them, or stand up for what is right. When I first began there I was told I would make a specific hourly pay with subsequent reviews and pay raises which never happened, they lied. On a weekly basis nurses quit and I was the ONLY one left from my entire group of new hires. Another thing is that they expect you to spend less than one minute performing your initial assessment which is impossible. They find and manufacture various unreasonable circumstances for their staff so that they can get rid of those they dislike and withhold bonuses from high performers. Consistently, they abandon all rules and regulations to correspond with their intentions or whatever scheme they have going on at the time. In addition, nurses are not allowed to make decisions based on their own competence professional experience, and training, and have to provide sources and references for everything they say to patients. Stay away!
I

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees badly and hire/promote people who are qualified. Lead by example, reward high performers, pay what you say you will, review your employees performances regularly and be accountable then maybe you can actually retain your employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Lacking Professionalism, Morals and Values

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at home, pedicures, patients, sunshine, pajamas

Cons

I would love to say this company is the best place to work and that nothing needs attention. However, that would be a blatant lie. At Carenet, poor management has been allowed to prevail for far too long and sadly, Carenet needs a good housecleaning. Specifically in the clinical area. Eliminating unprofessionalism at the clinical management level would greatly improve morale, increase productivity, and boost hiring efforts at Carenet. Further, hiring adequately educated upper management would be a great place to begin. Unfortunately, the company has chosen to employ undereducated clinical management with no education in management at all and inadequate Nursing education. As a result, good nurses are suffering the consequences of poor leadership. Not knowing how to manage due to lack of education in that area, leads to high turnover rates, losing tenured employees, and misunderstandings. Likewise, failure to understand ethical leadership resulted in unethical management in this case. I hope that things change soon at Carenet for the sake of everyone.

Advice to Management

Rid the company of sub par, unprofessional employees specifically undereducated, under qualified, and inexperienced upper clinical management lacking in the necessary skills to properly direct, supervise, and instruct others.

At Carenet Caring is Relative

Former Contractor - Call Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Contractor - Call Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Carenet Healthcare Services as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy Time System. Some of the managers are nice.

Cons

People in management are at times abusive and pushy. I was a temp at the company from August of 2012 to May of 2013 and was released when the call volume was too low. Understandable. I had left on good terms with the company and was encouraged to apply directly. But when I tried to apply directly with the company, they told me I was ineligable for rehire. When I tried to find out why, they said only my temp agency would know that. The Temp agency told me that the only thing they heard that the project manager thougt the current project was too stressful for me. This company is driven by politics and people in management are surprisingly petty.

Advice to Management

My advice to management, particularly those in upper management, is to not be petty to the point of abusing employees. Browbeating is not productive and does nothing to facilitate communication. Too many people in management are from West and are plagued with West mentality, which runs counter to Carenet's alleged philosophy of tolerance, kindness, and open communication. Employees should not dread comming to work or running into certain people in management. Treat people how you would like to be treated. Don't abuse your power.