Carenet Healthcare Services

There are newer employer reviews for Carenet Healthcare Services

Flexible Schedules, but Not Very Employee Focused

Current Employee - Lead in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Lead in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Carenet is extremely flexible with work schedules being they have a department that is 24/7/365 which enables everyone a chance to comfortably work a schedule that they need to fit in school, a second job, family care, etc.

This company is also very good about not giving up on employees if they struggle with the assigned task. If you're not in the right department or schedule, the management actually tries to reach out to you to find you a place to belong within the company instead of simply giving you the choice of quit or get fired.

Cons

The training, while improving, is very inconsistent with the actual work on the production floor (at least with the department I work in) which in my position can cause me to play a lot of damage control.

There are no structured raises in this company whatsoever which entirely discourages growth.

Training isn't the only part of the company that has communication issues either. It is very easy to get multiple answers for the same question, often conflicting answers.

Be proactive rather than reactive when it comes to solving problems with production.

Forcing all employees to take time to create presentations for you on why they deserve a raise is a sure fire way to increase attrition.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Carenet Healthcare Services (View Most Recent)

Finally a company that appreciates and respects it nurses!

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in New Bern, NC
    Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in New Bern, NC

Pros

Having supportive Managers, Trainers and Co-workers has made such a difference in my work life. I get timely feedback and not just in an annual review. Even though I get to work in the comfort of my own home it is a team environment. I have made friends with my co-workers that I have never met in person. The nursing work is challenging. You must really "know your stuff" and have good stamina to keep going. Its like an ER but over the phone. What has helped me is that I don't have to do full 8 hour shifts. I prefer to do 6 hours shifts and time breezes by!! We get monthly "Care Packages" from the company. This month we got $25 towards a Mani or Pedi. I even had flowers delivered to me last year. We are paid a quarterly Home Office Reimbursement of $250 too. I feel well taken care of.

Cons

We work under a monthly bonus. I like immediate reward but I also like to know what to expect. I did take a small cut in pay to come here. Though I suppose working at home helps that I don't need gas, scrubs, lunch money for my work day. We use our own computer equipment. My friends that work for other companies are supplied a PC.

Keep up the good work. Do look internal for promotional opportunities! There are some of us waiting to advance. Consider supplying PC's to the team.

Working at Carenet has been challenging and a totally awesome experience!

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pros of working at Carenet is that I get to work with great managers that are caring, considerate and fair. I love that we have super great benefits ie;PTO, 401K, medical/dental/vision plans and so much more.

Cons

Working at Carenet has been challenging in a good way. I don't have anything but good things to say.

Doing a fantastic job!!!