Place of opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Carestream Health

Pros

Lots of opportunity for talented people. Company is a pivotal point in it's evolution.

Cons

Focus on cost reduction is tiring.

reviews filtered by
  1. Start of a great journey in a landscape filled with opportunities

Current Employee - RIS Commercialization Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - RIS Commercialization Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health

Pros

I started as RIS Commercialization Manager at Carestream Health about 6 months ago. Coming in as part of a new organizational structure, I have been very impressed with the overall company. Aside from exciting and world-class products, I find myself part of a highly motivated and driven team of colleagues. Jointly we work every day to further increase the quality of our products, the quality of our implementations and overall customer satisfaction. The opportunity to design new processes and redesign existing processes is a huge contributor to my job satisfaction.

Cons

Quite frankly, I have not experienced any real downsides of working at Carestream Health. We do have some points of improvement on the product training front for new colleagues (specifically the RIS product of our Digital Medical Solutions portfolio). Fortunately this need is currently being addressed by means of a new organizational structure and a highly qualified, dedicated training team. Another point of improvement could be the further optimization of back office systems integration.

Advice to Management

I strongly support the direction that our Sr. Management is taking as part of the overall Digital Medical Solutions strategy. Also being on the leading edge of using social media for the purpose of marketing and customer information is truly inspirational...it proves once again how progressive our company truly is. We are Healthcare IT and exude that in every part of our business.

Decent pay only recommend a job if no other opportunity exists.

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health

Pros

Pay is OK. Peers really want to create supperior products.

Cons

Who would want to work in a position where teams are torn annually by 'bottom 10' being cut. If you mention you are in the bottom 10% you are walked out. When you are walked out, you get 3 weeks pay to sign you will never work here again. Crazy and true.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the ranking any let these brilliant engineers rule the medical imaging world. When the economy changes, no one will stay!