Carestream Health

www.carestream.com
  www.carestream.com
There are newer employer reviews for Carestream Health

Carestream is a great place to build your career and make a difference.

Current Employee - Business Manager in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Business Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health

Pros

I've always had a passion for IT in health field. I really saw Carestream as an opportunity to pursue some of these passions.

I wanted to work for a large company with a start-up approach. I spent a year working on a range of projects, all if which are rewarding.

I was aware that opportunities like mine existed at Carestream -- what surpassed my expectations is that I've been supported by management to achieve them. I hope to continue growing at Carestream. It really has been an amazing experience.

Cons

I do not have a con with Carestream. I personally feel that the reason many people have provided "less then positive feedback" on this site is the fact that the culture still has pockets of Eastman Kodak. This was a company that has been, for over 100 years, the place to work in Rochester, NY. To go from and established institution to an aggressive start-up is a culture shock for many. My advice, read the values of our company and apply them in everything you do. Let go of the Kodak days and focus on the direction of our company.

No advice. Although I am not in Marketing, I am amazed by the branding opportunities I have seen over the past year. I am excited about our future and I am passionate about helping us obtain and surpass our financial goals. We have been hiring through some of the worst economic times our country has ever faced. The says a lot. - Kevin H.... Even though your a Packers fan, Your doing one hell of a job.

176 Other Employee Reviews for Carestream Health (View Most Recent)

Schedule/profit driven madness with little regard for employee satisfaction.

Former Employee - Former Employee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Carestream Health

Pros

Salaries are competitive, products are interesting and could perform very well. Most of the people working in the trenches are great to work with.

Cons

The poorly implemented "GE Ranking System" puts 10% of the full time direct hire employees at risk every year. The ranking is done by team/discipline, so even if you have a team where everybody excels, 10% of them will be at risk every year. This "thinning of the herd" does not foster good teamwork and adds unnecessary stress to the work place. It is rumored that the HR manager quit because he so vehemently disagreed with the CEO over this ranking system.

Good training is hard to get. You can have all the internet based training you can stand - if you can squeeze in the time needed without impacting your schedule or deliverables (good luck with that!).

Upper management also drives unrealistic schedule demands that are only made worse by their inability to make timely decisions on just what the project/product deliverables are supposed to be. They'll take an extra month (or more) to decide upon a path, but that wasted time is NOT reflected on end delivery dates. Missing dates puts you in the 10% "untouchables caste."

Eliminate the forced ranking. Eliminate firing 10% of your workforce every year.
    Make training (non internet based - eCampus stinks) a priority.
    Treat your employees like you WANT to keep them, that will attract more & better talent.
    Implement rank & file reviews of middle & upper management and use THAT for your 10% ranking system.

My experience has been frustrating

Current Employee - Manufacturing Operations in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Operations in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health

Pros

Close to home and the hours, no shift work

Cons

No advancement, no raises, management does not walk the walk

Stop breaking the processes that are put into place to help the company run smoother.

There are newer employer reviews for Carestream Health