Carestream Health
www.carestream.com Rochester, NY 5000+ Employees

Carestream is a great place to build your career and make a difference.

Business Manager (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health

ProsI've always had a passion for IT in health field. I really saw Carestream as an opportunity to pursue some of these passions.

I wanted to work for a large company with a start-up approach. I spent a year working on a range of projects, all if which are rewarding.

I was aware that opportunities like mine existed at Carestream -- what surpassed my expectations is that I've been supported by management to achieve them. I hope to continue growing at Carestream. It really has been an amazing experience.

ConsI do not have a con with Carestream. I personally feel that the reason many people have provided "less then positive feedback" on this site is the fact that the culture still has pockets of Eastman Kodak. This was a company that has been, for over 100 years, the place to work in Rochester, NY. To go from and established institution to an aggressive start-up is a culture shock for many. My advice, read the values of our company and apply them in everything you do. Let go of the Kodak days and focus on the direction of our company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice. Although I am not in Marketing, I am amazed by the branding opportunities I have seen over the past year. I am excited about our future and I am passionate about helping us obtain and surpass our financial goals. We have been hiring through some of the worst economic times our country has ever faced. The says a lot. - Kevin H.... Even though your a Packers fan, Your doing one hell of a job.

My experience has been frustrating

Manufacturing Operations (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health

Pros: Close to home and the hours, no shift work Cons: No advancement, no raises, management does not walk the walk Advice to Senior Management: Stop breaking the processes that are put into place to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Carestream (SOFTDENT) Management is very much like going to High School over again

SOFTDENT Technical Support Specialist II (Former Employee)
Marietta, GA

I worked at Carestream Health

Pros: The employees tend to make a good team. It is very cohesive within the employee realm. The pay is not too bad, but could be… Cons: I could write a book on the CONS, but I will keep it short: -Recently, they took away several great benefits that made many people stay.… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees. They are what makes the company either thrive or fail. Stop trying to be buddies with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Carestream Health.

Worked for Carestream Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carestream Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Carestream Health CEO Kevin J. Hobert. All reviews posted anonymously by Carestream Health employees.