Carestream Health

www.carestream.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Carestream Health

Carestream is a great place to build your career and make a difference.

Current Employee - Business Manager in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Business Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health

Pros

I've always had a passion for IT in health field. I really saw Carestream as an opportunity to pursue some of these passions.

I wanted to work for a large company with a start-up approach. I spent a year working on a range of projects, all if which are rewarding.

I was aware that opportunities like mine existed at Carestream -- what surpassed my expectations is that I've been supported by management to achieve them. I hope to continue growing at Carestream. It really has been an amazing experience.

Cons

I do not have a con with Carestream. I personally feel that the reason many people have provided "less then positive feedback" on this site is the fact that the culture still has pockets of Eastman Kodak. This was a company that has been, for over 100 years, the place to work in Rochester, NY. To go from and established institution to an aggressive start-up is a culture shock for many. My advice, read the values of our company and apply them in everything you do. Let go of the Kodak days and focus on the direction of our company.

No advice. Although I am not in Marketing, I am amazed by the branding opportunities I have seen over the past year. I am excited about our future and I am passionate about helping us obtain and surpass our financial goals. We have been hiring through some of the worst economic times our country has ever faced. The says a lot. - Kevin H.... Even though your a Packers fan, Your doing one hell of a job.

188 Other Employee Reviews for Carestream Health (View Most Recent)

My experience has been frustrating

Current Employee - Manufacturing Operations in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Operations in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Carestream Health

Pros

Close to home and the hours, no shift work

Cons

No advancement, no raises, management does not walk the walk

Stop breaking the processes that are put into place to help the company run smoother.

Carestream (SOFTDENT) Management is very much like going to High School over again

Former Employee - SOFTDENT Technical Support Specialist II in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - SOFTDENT Technical Support Specialist II in Marietta, GA

I worked at Carestream Health

Pros

The employees tend to make a good team. It is very cohesive within the employee realm. The pay is not too bad, but could be better. The product portfolio is okay, but the developers of the product do not properly test it to make sure everything is taken care of before rolling out a new product. Working from home is another good benefit of this company, but you have to be in one specific promoted position: TSRII. If you are higher than that position and you would like to work from home, you have to demote yourself.

Cons

I could write a book on the CONS, but I will keep it short:

-Recently, they took away several great benefits that made many people stay. Reward Time off was one of those benefits.
    - The management team is very unbalanced and unfair. Many of them do not know about the product they are managing over.
    - Favoritism runs rampant in the company.
    - Human Resources is a joke. If an employee brings up an issue with HR about a manager, it is blown off.
    - Any advice or feedback from employees is not welcomed. They say they have an open door policy, but it is non-existent unless you are in the management's favor.
    - Management does not care about the customer at all.
    - Management is also lazy. Some of the management team have been caught sleeping on the job with no recourse.
    - Toxic Management
    - Morale is very low for the company as a whole.
    - It has gotten to a point where employees are afraid to voice concerns (and that is a problem).
    - Developers do not properly test their products before a roll-out of a new add-on feature.
    - Promotion is based on a numbers game.
    - Money management of the company as a whole is a bit off. For instance: Had a huge company party that was very costly. Two months later, had a huge layoff. Two years later, same thing happened.

Listen to your employees. They are what makes the company either thrive or fail. Stop trying to be buddies with some of your employees. Fraternization is a company killer. Be fair! Get rid of the toxic management. Toxic Managers= Toxic Environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Carestream Health