Carestream Health

www.carestream.com
  www.carestream.com
There are newer employer reviews for Carestream Health

Great internship with great people.

Former Employee - UI Design Intern in Rochester, NY
Former Employee - UI Design Intern in Rochester, NY

I worked at Carestream Health as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Was a great team. The UCD department shared a lot of similarities with me, and I benefited and learned from speaking with them about design and many other things.

Cons

The atmosphere was very dull. No one really seemed to be excited about what they were working on, and just wanted to leave on the dot when they were done.

176 Other Employee Reviews for Carestream Health (View Most Recent)

The work environment was very depressing

I worked at Carestream Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At the time I quit, the pay was average or above average for the industry.
    Outstanding customers. I can't emphasize that enough--really, really great customers.
    The technology was pretty good.
    The old timers (Cemax, Imation, Kodak) were really good, knowledgeable people to work with.

Cons

In my opinion, the senior management at Carestream was terrible. Very toxic work environment. They had a crazy ranking system that resulted in approximately 10% of the workforce being fired annually. After the first year or two, the dead wood was gone (except for senior management). Year after year, the first line managers still had to single out 10%. By that time, since all that was left was really good workers, going after 10% just seemed like arbitrary harassment. As a result, some good people (myself included) left before they received this arbitrary harassment.

A word of advice to those still working in HCIS--leave. There are a lot of very happy Kodak Health Imaging alumni out there working for good companies who threat their employees fairly. I wish I had left years earlier. Check us out on linkedin.

What's the point? They live in an echo chamber and can't hear a thing....

Still a company that is too top heavy and has not yet completely divorced itself from its old Kodak ways.

Former Employee - Purchasing in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Purchasing in Rochester, NY

I worked at Carestream Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent benefits, employees treated fairly. Salary is average to above average. Annual reviews are ALWAYS done in a timely manner. Salaried employees have flexibility to balance family and work life.

Cons

Still too top heavy, so much duplication of effort causes too much waste. Still think like an old big dominant company, they are far from "agile" in the marketplace. Decision making and projects have to go through so many layers that nothing ever gets done.

Stop acting like you can dominate your suppliers. Work with them and they will work with you. Listen to the suggestions of the rank and file employees. LEAN out your management structure; there are WAY too many mid level managers, many with duplicate functions. LEAN out your whole company. Efforts have been made to change the old Kodak ways, but they have a long way to go.

There are newer employer reviews for Carestream Health