There are newer employer reviews for Carestream Health

Great internship with great people.

Former Employee - UI Design Intern  in  Rochester, NY
Former Employee - UI Design Intern in Rochester, NY

I worked at Carestream Health as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Was a great team. The UCD department shared a lot of similarities with me, and I benefited and learned from speaking with them about design and many other things.

Cons

The atmosphere was very dull. No one really seemed to be excited about what they were working on, and just wanted to leave on the dot when they were done.

170 Other Employee Reviews for Carestream Health (View Most Recent)

The work environment was very depressing

I worked at Carestream Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At the time I quit, the pay was average or above average for the industry.
    Outstanding customers. I can't emphasize that enough--really, really great customers.
    The technology was pretty good.
    The old timers (Cemax, Imation, Kodak) were really good, knowledgeable people to work with.

Cons

In my opinion, the senior management at Carestream was terrible. Very toxic work environment. They had a crazy ranking system that resulted in approximately 10% of the workforce being fired annually. After the first year or two, the dead wood was gone (except for senior management). Year after year, the first line managers still had to single out 10%. By that time, since all that was left was really good workers, going after 10% just seemed like arbitrary harassment. As a result, some good people (myself included) left before they received this arbitrary harassment.

A word of advice to those still working in HCIS--leave. There are a lot of very happy Kodak Health Imaging alumni out there working for good companies who threat their employees fairly. I wish I had left years earlier. Check us out on linkedin.

What's the point? They live in an echo chamber and can't hear a thing....

Fulltime

I worked at Carestream Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great products, great technology, experienced workforce. Upper management wants to succeed and values technology in Healthcare.

Cons

Fear based workforce creating dysfunctions, poor moral, no team work. Management disconnected to day to day work and problems. Their workforce is far too lean. Constant threat of layoffs, people getting fired, no career growth, not a employee friendly place. Losing incredible talent.

Improve your middle management. Should implement process improvements using technology to build efficiencies and make changes that can really improve implementation, cut costs, huge opportunity to improve in this area. Improve moral.

There are newer employer reviews for Carestream Health

Worked for Carestream Health? Contribute to the Community!