There are newer employer reviews for Cargill

Too big - a grouping of related companies vs. a single cargill - they've lost site of the importance of talent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Cargill

Pros

Growing leaps and bounds, diversified business units, noble mission

Cons

Many short vs. longer-term term decisions, immature relationship between the business and IT, too much focus on trading vs. their other businesses. Too many projects and priorities.

Advice to Management

You can't do everything. Focus on project with the benefits. Implement 360 feedback for your most senior leaders I was never once asked to provide input into my supervisors or other senior leaders' performance reviews. HR overall needs to become a stronger voice beyond just the steward of an engagement survey.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great work environment, strong culture, extremely high ethics, superb leadership, salary not so good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Cargill

Pros

Great work environment, strong culture, extremely high ethics, superb leadership. Of course, there may be some locations in which this is stronger than others, but in general one finds very comfortable expressing ideas without fear of retaliation, we get fairly enough recognition for the things we do well and fair feedback on the things we do not do so well. I am very proud of the ethics of the company and I have never feared doing the right thing independent of the consequences that may carry. The piece of mind that this provides is priceless!!!

Cons

Compensation may be below average for similar responsibilities; it is tough to get a salary increase.

Advice to Management

So far great leadership all around. Keep it that way, do not let yourselves be entangled in words rather than actions. We value your actions more than your words.

Horrible communication from inexperienced leadership team, your in the club or your not

Current Employee - Sales in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Sales in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Cargill

Pros

Cargill as an overall corporation is a strong, global company There really are some great people that work for the company

Cons

Horrible communication from leadership Little growth opportunity Inexperienced leadership team making questionable business decisions Direction the business is going is misaligned with Cargill's stated core philosophies

Advice to Management

You have got to start communicating to your team. Don't shy away from the negative feedback. Listen and respond accordingly. Stop making advancement a buddy system. Look at the qualifications. Refocus your direction to the reason you're in business...the customer.