Upheaval

Current Employee - Senior IT Analyst  in  Hopkins, MN
Current Employee - Senior IT Analyst in Hopkins, MN

I have been working at Cargill full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really like my work group, they're genuine people and are motivated to help each other. It's not every man for himself. There is opportunity here to move around and try different things if you play your cards right.

Cons

The culture here is very focused on politics. To get hired, it really helps to know someone or to have some affiliation to Iowa State. Learn your corporate buzz words and you will advance quickly. Work/Life balance is very much up to the individual to enforce.

Ask the engineers before making big directional changes on whether or not it's going to be feasible to deliver a concept on budget and on time. We have been changing direction frequently.

Other Reviews for Cargill

Empowering and tons of exposure to business, customers and how to run a good company. Strong Leadership.

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Cargill full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Culture is base on excellent values & principles, private company which still values its family heritage, best people I've ever met and looks at business for the long term win, not short term gains.

Cons

Location isn't close to where I grew up, otherwise, I have had few complaints.

Stand firm in continuing to lead with values first! Its what I have been most attracted to for 15 yrs.

Talented people, interesting work, perfect place for a career

Former Employee - IT Professional  in  Hopkins, MN
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Hopkins, MN

I worked at Cargill full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome coworkers, intriguing work, reasonable work/life balance.

Cons

Slightly behind the times, pay could be more competitive.

Invest more in your employees (socials, team outings, etc). This tends to go a long way with younger professionals who might be on the fence (stay or leave) thanks to a predominantly older/experienced workforce and slightly non-progressive culture.

There are newer employer reviews for Cargill.

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!