There are newer employer reviews for Cargill

Disappointing - Not what I expected and not what it could be

Current Employee - Materials Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Materials Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cargill full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most of my coworkers are easy to work with and most of them deliver desired results. The work is interesting and challenging. I suppose that's a pro for the work in general, not necessarily the job in this company in this location.

Cons

For the ones who don't do a good job - they get compensated and rewarded just the same as the people who perform at a high level. In general, the people who are good and who deliver results get annoyed, burned out, and frustrated. Top management makes decisions in a vacuum and they don't listen to the experienced people on their team. Compensation is much lower than comparable positions in our area. Salary increases are few and far between for people who are at the mid-point of their salary band. The logic is that no matter what your performance level is, if you're in the middle of your range you're too fairly compensated for a salary bump.

Advice to Management

Do some fair salary assessments and raise salaries to really pay people fairly. Use performance management to fairly compensate people who deserve it and not reward people who don't deserve it.

reviews filtered by
  1. A good place to work. Has your normal management issues but overall takes good care of employees

Current Employee - Analyst in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Analyst in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Cargill full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexibility and commitment to improving their employees

Cons

Management can change roles quite often.

Advice to Management

keep focused on the key goals

2. Empowering and tons of exposure to business, customers and how to run a good company. Strong Leadership.

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Cargill full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Culture is base on excellent values & principles, private company which still values its family heritage, best people I've ever met and looks at business for the long term win, not short term gains.

Cons

Location isn't close to where I grew up, otherwise, I have had few complaints.

Advice to Management

Stand firm in continuing to lead with values first! Its what I have been most attracted to for 15 yrs.

There are newer employer reviews for Cargill