Cargill
www.cargill.com Wayzata, MN 5000+ Employees

Overall, my experience at Cargill was ok.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLearning, relaxed management, able to "own" my job and help others, lots of say in what I did. I worked with many people from different business units which gave me a great perspective on the business and how my role had an impact.

ConsThe pay was good, but only mediocre. My actual job did not match my job title, so they got away with paying me less than other companies would for the same job. They would not change it. I was hired on and moved to two different roles within the company before they started making bachelor's degrees mandatory for the positions I had. Unfortunately, this practice stopped and I was no longer able to move up into the company. I was stuck in my role. Personality conflicts with others is managed poorly. Poor performing employees and supervisors are held in their positions too long. My role also required me to be on call, with back-up rotation. Turned out I was on call 24/7, even on vacation.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that job descriptions and job title's are consistent with industry standards. Pay employees slightly better than industry averages. I found out that a new engineer in supervisor training (with bachelor's degree) was getting paid about the same as me. Not good for new engineers just out of college. Cargill may have better recruits if they paid a little more. Most important, if a new employee just isn't working out please move them to a different role or boot them out the door. The wait and see if they improve approach does not work in most cases.

Great company

I have been working at Cargill

Pros: Solid culture, great work / life balance. Cons: Slow moving, risk averse, managers sometimes have tunnel vision since… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place for an internship to see the company as a whole!

Animal Nutrition Marketing Intern (Former Employee)
    Hopkins, MN

I worked at Cargill as an intern for less than a year

Pros: The work is real. Responsibility. Good pay for what you do. Culture is… Cons: People are always out of office. Sometimes unclear when projects are… Advice to Senior Management: Work with your interns more or assign an office "buddy" to help them… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cargill.

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cargill reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cargill CEO Greg Page. All reviews posted anonymously by Cargill employees.