Cargill

www.cargill.com

Good opportunities

Manager (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsLots of different businesses and opportunities to challenge throughout one's career. You run into the same people in different businesses and roles over the course of your career, which helps a person feel connected to the business.

ConsMissteps can brand a person forever and make it difficult to move beyond them. While some critique a slow-to-move culture, others are more ready-fire-aim kinds of people. Also, recent Fit to Grow layoffs removed many important contributors from the business and today we don't see a sustained low-cost benefit of that layoff. Higher than acceptable costs are less likely from having too many people than from having people duplicating work across the multiple business units. We don't really enjoy the scale of being a larger company, as we behave as a confederation of small companies.

Very positive experience - plenty of experience in a small amount of time.

Engineering Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Cargill as an intern for less than a year

Pros: You get to work with all types of people in… Cons: Plants can be very nasty, so if you are one to shy… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company, very progressive in their company goals.

I have been working at Cargill as an intern

Pros: The company is very environmentally aware. Cons: Cargill is so large that it may be difficult for you… More

There are newer reviews on Cargill.

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!