Personal and Appreciating

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst  in  Hopkins, MN
Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Hopkins, MN

I worked at Cargill as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Full time employees are handpicked and are the best

Cons

Small IT team doesnt get noted much which is understandable given the size of this organization and the domain.

Enforce proper documentation from your vendors and don't overlook the need for a technical writer or a documentation expert.

Other Reviews for Cargill

Good opportunities

Current Employee - Manager  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Cargill full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of different businesses and opportunities to challenge throughout one's career. You run into the same people in different businesses and roles over the course of your career, which helps a person feel connected to the business.

Cons

Missteps can brand a person forever and make it difficult to move beyond them. While some critique a slow-to-move culture, others are more ready-fire-aim kinds of people. Also, recent Fit to Grow layoffs removed many important contributors from the business and today we don't see a sustained low-cost benefit of that layoff. Higher than acceptable costs are less likely from having too many people than from having people duplicating work across the multiple business units. We don't really enjoy the scale of being a larger company, as we behave as a confederation of small companies.

Great opportunities.

Former Employee - Data Analyst  in  Hopkins, MN
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Hopkins, MN

I worked at Cargill full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extremely talented and smart people willing to help develop employees. A very family friendly company to work for with lots of flexibility.

Cons

Depending upon the area you started in, I found it difficult to be considered for other openings in different departments. The company can feel a little large and disconnected at times.

Keep doing what you are doing but provide more support to employees looking to move to new roles and departments.

There are newer employer reviews for Cargill.

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!