Cargill

www.cargill.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Cargill

Good company. Good benefits.

I have been working at Cargill

Pros

Stability and willingness to take on risk. Cargill will give failing businesses a chance to survive. But only for a short time. They will exit businesses where they have no competitive advantage, which is smart.

Cons

The IT outsourcing is not a good decision. IT security support is already difficult for users because of offshoring and communication gaps. Now they are extending this to all IT services. Every biz will suffer.

Keep up the good work. But bring IT back to US.

556 Other Employee Reviews for Cargill (View Most Recent)

Could be a great company

Former Employee - Production Manager
    Former Employee - Production Manager

I worked at Cargill

Pros

Pay and people are great. Even being a union plant most of the people want to do the right thing.

Cons

Management has no idea on how to operate a plant efficiently. They brought all new management and they ran it in the ground. While I was there we had two record years...those days are long gone. Always wanting people to move.

Hire people with proven track records. Not people who know they are not qualified.

Human Resource Processionals - Stay Away

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN

I worked at Cargill full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is the potential to gain a great deal of experience given the size and many jobs available. It is also an ideal company to start your career. I would not recommend this company for seasoned HR or L&D professionals.

Cons

For seasoned HR or L&D professionals, it is a dead end unless you are in the "clique". They take care of each other and there is this select group that continues to receive all of the opportunities. It is quite dysfunctional. While they speak a lot about "development" they do not practice what they preach. The rest of us are never given a second thought. I am a seasoned HR professional that thought I had a lot to offer this company. It was apparent after a few years that it did not matter because I was not in the "clique".

Within my team, I was told that I was the most professional and accountable. There was one person who had a chronic problem with LOAs and another that was placed on a PIP. We had a manager that was young and just serving her two years so that she could move on to her next promotion. She did move on and the manager that was to oversee our work, gave us little or no time as he was having an affair with a colleague.

I worked hard to find a new role within HR and L&D, but I was not successful. My job was eliminated while the rest of the dysfunction in my HR team remained. I started my job at Cargill feeling so pumped and excited. I left the company feeling quite diminished.

Look outside of your own needs and your own circle of relationships and give other internal candidates a chance to show you what they can do - even if they have not had "direct" experience for that very job.

Please be thoughtful before you decide to eliminate a job. I don't think some of you have any idea how it alters a life.

There are newer employer reviews for Cargill