Cargill

There are newer employer reviews for Cargill

Good first job in Quality Assurance

Current Employee - QM Chemist in Eddyville, IA
Current Employee - QM Chemist in Eddyville, IA

I have been working at Cargill full-time (more than an year)

Pros

exposure to large scale manufacturing, food safety, and quality control work in labs. Easy to get along with technicians that run the plant, the engineers aren't as sociable though. Solid experience in chemistry and food and beverage industry. Many jobs available in many business units. Resources to learn about other manufacturing plants in the facility.

Cons

Eddyville, IA is in out in the country. Des Moines is the closest city (1 hour away). Not easy to get promoted unless you plan to live your life at work and stay here in the area. Job can get repetative. Pay raises do not really happen. No paid overtime. Shift schedule including nights.

512 Other Employee Reviews for Cargill (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Start a Career

Former Employee - Intern in Wayzata, MN
    Former Employee - Intern in Wayzata, MN

I worked at Cargill as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Cargill is very professional in terms of management style and, as a private company, takes a long-term approach in assessing its business strategies and plans. People are very helpful and the culture fosters collaboration and teamwork. The international aspect of the company's operations is a plus.

Cons

As with most large enterprises, decision-making can be slow. Also, as few employees leave, opportunities for advancement can be limited.

Continue to share as much information as possible regarding the company's strategy and future direction with employees.

Full of Type-A personalities that can be overwhelming at times

Former Employee - Feed and Nutrition in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Feed and Nutrition in Boise, ID

I worked at Cargill as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great resources for research, technology, financial security, and social network. Treated me like I was a full-time employee and wasn't afraid to give me responsibilities.

Cons

A lot of the people were type-A personalities and could overwhelm me with their drive and focus. While those are great people to work with, they can push you too hard and let you fail if you didn't work your hardest in every single task.

There are newer employer reviews for Cargill