There are newer employer reviews for Cargill

Best company I have worked for.

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager
Former Employee - Human Resources Manager

I worked at Cargill full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

high values, respect for people, not just telling how important people are for them,but really taking care of them, very low turnover

Cons

little bit slow for some people, salary van be lower than average

keep on doing as before

479 Other Employee Reviews for Cargill (View Most Recent)

IT externalization

Former Employee - IT Analyst
    Former Employee - IT Analyst

I worked at Cargill full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good company with benefits for employees (gym lunch tickets, etc)
    good work environment, nice people
    decent offices

Cons

no development plan for employees career
    too many old and different IT systems
    too many procedures
    big differences between employees
    contractors are payed much better

Dear management, I really hope that the externalization of IT infrastructure will be the slap in the face you deserve. You have thrown away a lots of great, dedicated, devoted and talented people. Not to mention that the entire externalization is more expensive than you think. In the last years it was mentioned that the IT systems do not need to be upgraded as this is too expensive and brings no added value. I guess now it brings the value for TCS. Good luck with! Too bad that Cargill's culture and corporate values are real only on paper.I expected more from you Cargill, my bad i guess :)

Nice place to work but mediocre salaries and benefits in Geneva

I worked at Cargill full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a large company so, if you are good, there are a wide range of learning and career opportunities.

Cons

Very insular with few senior people having experienced anything other than Cargill. Some leaders have a tendency to micro-manage, although that is probably true of all companies. I feel that the company could be surprised by external events and just not be ready for them.

Very, US minded. Very average benefits in Geneva, especially for more experienced people. Just 20 days vacation for the first 5 years, company cars non existent, no financial support towards commuting costs, short notice-periods, economy class air travel for most, old building and systems and mediocre salaries that don't increase regularly once you are in. Very good training opportunities, however, when you can work your way through the multiple options and bureaucracy to find out about them. Also, extremely nice, welcoming people, competent functions and great values and culture.

Learn more from your senior external hires. Improve non trader salaries and benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for Cargill

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!