Great People, Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Marketing in Dearborn, MI
Current Employee - Marketing in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Carhartt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement, if you're willing to work hard. They have great benefits, and they have an awesome education reimbursement program.

Cons

You'll be looked over for promotions if you're already valuable in your current position.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Nice people but problematic company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Carhartt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can wear t-shirts to work. Parking at the 5800 office is good, and there is a ping-pong table. You get your own cube.

Cons

eCommerce group offers lousy pay - you'll find better pay elsewhere. Further, they outsource a lot of software development so programmers, and developers, be warned, your job is likely to be outsourced. Or at least the easy work - you get to fix all the bugs. They just wont hire enough people. Really understaffed. The goal seems to be to under-staff.

Advice to Management

Hire more people.

2. Shocking Outcome

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Dearborn, MI
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Carhartt as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees seemed very pleasant and helpful. Very clean.

Cons

Was hired there in August 2012 by Carhartt but told I had to work with them thru a temp agency as a contract employee. I found out why 3 weeks later when I was called at 8pm Friday evening by the agency to let me know they were terminating my contract with absolutely no explaination given. Their management does not like the blood on their hands. I am almost retirement age, but not that slow in learning. I did fine, had no problems that I knew about and they refused to tell me the reason they were letting me go after my first week on the phones, which I did great at. I had to miss 1/2 day for a Dr appt right before, but they knew in advance so either held that against me or are age discriminating. I can't do anything legally due the paperwork you sign to agree to work for them.

Advice to Management

If you have an issue with any employee, even contract, that you feel is grounds for termination, please let them know in advance if they are weak in something. The fact that I am very professional and have always worked at demanding, exacting jobs my entire life with no previous problems & was not advised of anything being amiss before being terminated for no reason, does not say very much for your judgement. This is 3 weeks of my life training day and night I won't get back, not to mention the insult and shock of being let go from a fairly menial job for no reason.