This Place is a Joke

Current Employee - Team Member in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Team Member in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Caribou Coffee part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-free half pound or 12 tea bags a week -shift drink -fun coworkers -flexible scheduling -training prepares employee so they can properly perform their job

Cons

This company is not the same that it was. Recent changes in management and corporate restructuring have made this a horrible place to work. First it is ridiculous that shift supervisors are paid less when working with another shift or manager. They can't pay their employees proper wages but somehow they can afford to give out BOGO's and half off coupons to customers every other week. Corporate clearly does not know what theyre doing. They trying to make the company be successful by going in different directions. They need to choose a path and stick to it so Caribou can be successful. Releasing new drinks, beans, bakery items, and useless merchandise every other month is not helping. Upper management is a joke in this company. Most of the new managers are people with very little training that barely know how to do their job. They play favorites and don't care about what the employee has to say. This company claims to be all about making employees "happy" and that everyone has a "voice" in the company. This is not true. This company used to be about the customer, now its just all about profits.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and stop releasing new products that don't sell. And then don't disciplineus when customers don't want to buy them.

Other Employee Reviews for Caribou Coffee

1. A fun place to work--BAMA

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Pros

With an emphasis on "making connections", working at Caribou helped mold my customer service skills. Getting to know your regulars is a lot of fun. Overall, it's a good high school/college job.

Cons

Working the drive-thru can be stressful and incredibly frustrating. There's A LOT of cleaning involved when working here.

Advice to Management

My store held meetings which I thought were effective in getting every one on the same page. There were also frequent meetings with managers that would let us discuss any issues/concerns we were having. Overall, I had no qualms with the management.

2. I like the coffee shop atmosphere

Current Employee - Team Member in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Team Member in Edina, MN

Pros

I enjoy working at my Caribou because it is in my neighborhood. People are generally friendly. The young people that I work with are fun.

Cons

I don't feel that corporate recognizes long time team members as a valuable asset to their coffee company.

Advice to Management

they should recognize in some way their long time employees.