Caribou Coffee
www.cariboucoffee.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

This Place is a Joke

Team Member (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

Pros-free half pound or 12 tea bags a week
-shift drink
-fun coworkers
-flexible scheduling
-training prepares employee so they can properly perform their job

ConsThis company is not the same that it was. Recent changes in management and corporate restructuring have made this a horrible place to work. First it is ridiculous that shift supervisors are paid less when working with another shift or manager. They can't pay their employees proper wages but somehow they can afford to give out BOGO's and half off coupons to customers every other week. Corporate clearly does not know what theyre doing. They trying to make the company be successful by going in different directions. They need to choose a path and stick to it so Caribou can be successful. Releasing new drinks, beans, bakery items, and useless merchandise every other month is not helping. Upper management is a joke in this company. Most of the new managers are people with very little training that barely know how to do their job. They play favorites and don't care about what the employee has to say. This company claims to be all about making employees "happy" and that everyone has a "voice" in the company. This is not true. This company used to be about the customer, now its just all about profits.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and stop releasing new products that don't sell. And then don't disciplineus when customers don't want to buy them.

A fun place to work--BAMA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at Caribou Coffee

Pros: With an emphasis on "making connections", working at Caribou helped mold my customer service skills. Getting… Cons: Working the drive-thru can be stressful and incredibly frustrating. There's… Advice to Senior Management: My store held meetings which I thought were effective in getting every one on the same page. There were also frequent… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I like the coffee shop atmosphere

Team Member (Current Employee)
    Edina, MN

I have been working at Caribou Coffee

Pros: I enjoy working at my Caribou because it is in my neighborhood. … Cons: I don't feel that corporate recognizes long time team members… Advice to Senior Management: they should recognize in some way their long time employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Caribou Coffee.

Worked for Caribou Coffee? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caribou Coffee reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Caribou Coffee CEO Mike Tattersfield. All reviews posted anonymously by Caribou Coffee employees.