Caribou Coffee
www.cariboucoffee.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Good place to work, definitely has its Pros and Cons...

Team Member (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Caribou Coffee full-time for less than a year

ProsI have been working at Caribou for a few months and must say, I have enjoyed working here for the most part. In a nutshell, the pros of working for Caribou are:
-Free 1/2-lb. of coffee/week
-Free shift drinks
-30% employee discounts
-Flexibility with hours (you submit your availability and at least at my Caribou, they work with it)
-Working with laid-back, fun, enthusiastic people (for the most part)

ConsThere are definitely Cons to working at Caribou, as with any job:
-Early hours (if you do the morning shift... as in waking up at 4:00 a.m.)
-Rude customers. I cannot tell you how many times I have almost thrown off my apron and wanted to hop over the counter and say a thing or two to the snotty, stuck-up, absolutely horrid customers that think they can treat you however they want. AWFUL. Biggest Con of this job, in my opinion.
-Upper Management is frustrating... I have so far gotten the vibe that as long as they're making profit, they could care less about employee satisfaction.
-RUDE CUSTOMERS. Worth mentioning again!

On a side note... not sure if this is a con or not, but I wonder when Upper Management is going to figure out that the vast majority of their employees are good, honest, hard-working people? They seem to be *waiting* for incidents of theft and dishonesty from within... It's frustrating, to say the least.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease have more trust in your store managers/employees, especially those who have been there the longest. When hiring outside store managers, make certain they are respectful and capable of their job duties.
Additionally, when nearly every employee in a store has the same complaint (whether it be about a new manager, product, or way of doing something), that is the time to address it, not look the other way.

A victim of its own early success.

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee)
Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Caribou Coffee part-time for more than a year

Pros: Store level employees and management were great. Mostly flexible work schedules. Coffee is genuinely good. Caribou is based… Cons: Too much turn-over at the district and store manager levels. Compensation and raises were paltry. Poor benefits when compared to Starbucks. At the time I left Caribou was… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on your role as a coffee shop first and foremost. A CEO… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

no time for family

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Caribou Coffee full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: great atmosphere, and opportunity to interact with customers and employees… Cons: very demanding schedule and compensation is not competitive for managers No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Caribou Coffee.

Worked for Caribou Coffee? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caribou Coffee reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Caribou Coffee CEO Mike Tattersfield. All reviews posted anonymously by Caribou Coffee employees.