Caribou Coffee
www.cariboucoffee.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

OK for short term

Team Member (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Caribou Coffee part-time for less than a year

Pros-Building relationships with customers
-Learning curve of making drinks can be enjoyable in the beginning
-Generally enjoyable coworkers

ConsA few negatives:

-At my store, most of the shift supervisors were recent high school grads who didn't go to college right away and had a superiority complex from working for Caribou since they were sixteen. For someone like me, who had a 4-year degree and experience living and working overseas for two years and just needed a temp job while I searched for something full-time, their superior attitude got really old really fast!

-My manager started out pretty good, though I didn't get as many hours as she had implied I would get when hired. However, when she screwed up on the schedule she basically left it up to us to fix it and said "tough luck" if we couldn't find someone to cover us. For example, I got added on to a holiday weekend schedule over a week after the original schedule came out, at which time I had already made family plans, and I ended up having to work because no one could cover me. Plus, I ended up getting a full-time job offer and had to put in my two week's notice shortly before a very busy time for the store, and she tried to guilt me into staying, even keeping me on the schedule after I told her I was done. I realize it's difficult to find opening and day shift workers at a place like Caribou, but I had been upfront with her from the interview stage that I was in search of full-time work elsewhere. It is not the fault of the employees if they give advance notice to leave and you as the manager are dealing with an understaffed store!

great job i love it

Sales (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Caribou Coffee part-time for less than a year

Pros: friendly and nice people there Cons: not enough hours for me Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It is a fun, relaxing place to work!

Barista (Current Employee)
Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at Caribou Coffee part-time for more than a year

Pros: fun staff, positive experience, good experience, build great relationships Cons: cleaning, online courses (very short) More

There are newer reviews on Caribou Coffee.

Worked for Caribou Coffee? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caribou Coffee reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Caribou Coffee CEO Mike Tattersfield. All reviews posted anonymously by Caribou Coffee employees.