Caribou Coffee

There are newer employer reviews for Caribou Coffee

Cashier

Current Employee - Cashier in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Cashier in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Caribou Coffee part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good coworkers, educational coffee experience, relaxed atmosphere, and great customers. Always felt like I was around a supportive group of friends moreso than coworkers.

Cons

Corporate management is sometimes detached from the reality of the business. Heavily pushes certain items that don't sell very well, instead of focusing on better basic coffee blends. High emphasis on keeping labor hours down, which means we're often short-handed.

Listen to employee suggestions, focus more so on quality than crowding our menu with dozens of useless mixes. Improve the employee's POS software to speed up entry and allow changes WITHOUT deleting the entire drink entry.

292 Other Employee Reviews for Caribou Coffee (View Most Recent)

Pulled in different directions

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Caribou Coffee full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I feel pushed to succeed and strive for the best possible me. The people there became my good friends. Potential to move upward in the company and get raises.

Cons

It's high stress, high pace, little pay to start with and early mornings/late nights. I often find that negative feelings stew in the store and are often voiced in a way that just makes everyone feel bad and it can escalate. I wish that positive attitude's were more the norm.

Fast paced, yet friendly and fun.

Current Employee - Senior Store Manager in Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Store Manager in Duluth, MN

I have been working at Caribou Coffee full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is always opportunity for advancement and the company prefers to promote from within where possible.
    The company actually cares about the people who work for them. They take care of their employees.

Cons

Sometimes plans aren't always thought through on the corporate end, so the stores end up taking the brunt of it, but that's pretty much it.
    Other cons are ones that come with every customer service job.

When planning to launch something at the store level, please reach out to the stores for feedback on ideas before launching them company wide.

There are newer employer reviews for Caribou Coffee