There are newer employer reviews for Caribou Coffee

Cashier

Current Employee - Cashier in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Cashier in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Caribou Coffee part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good coworkers, educational coffee experience, relaxed atmosphere, and great customers. Always felt like I was around a supportive group of friends moreso than coworkers.

Cons

Corporate management is sometimes detached from the reality of the business. Heavily pushes certain items that don't sell very well, instead of focusing on better basic coffee blends. High emphasis on keeping labor hours down, which means we're often short-handed.

Listen to employee suggestions, focus more so on quality than crowding our menu with dozens of useless mixes. Improve the employee's POS software to speed up entry and allow changes WITHOUT deleting the entire drink entry.

reviews filtered by
  1. Pulled in different directions

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Caribou Coffee full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I feel pushed to succeed and strive for the best possible me. The people there became my good friends. Potential to move upward in the company and get raises.

Cons

It's high stress, high pace, little pay to start with and early mornings/late nights. I often find that negative feelings stew in the store and are often voiced in a way that just makes everyone feel bad and it can escalate. I wish that positive attitude's were more the norm.

2. Fun place to work if your management is good

Former Employee - Team Member in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Caribou Coffee full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great discounts on Coffee and Products, You meet the coolest people. Room to advance

Cons

Pay isn't amazing and its somewhat difficult to get a raise. Also your hourly rate may change from day to day based on whether or not you're team member for that shift or the shift leader.

There are newer employer reviews for Caribou Coffee