There are newer employer reviews for Caribou Coffee

Great... until that whole downsizing thing

Former Employee - Team Member in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Team Member in Columbus, OH

I worked at Caribou Coffee part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and fast paced Great tasting products- especially the espresso based drinks Friendly and supportive fellow team members and supervisors

Cons

Employees are afterthought Downsizing came as shock to stores. Could have been handled better as it left many unemployed within a week.

Advice to Management

Many employees at my store felt undervalued. Management could show more appreciation. Something like a Christmas gift may seem trivial but it means a lot. Getting a letter that basically amounted to telling us we should consider it an honor to work for the company is not really a good look. I suppose what followed with the store closings was really just a reflection of that company/customer first attitude.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place if you enjoy meeting new people.

I worked at Caribou Coffee

Pros

good work/life balance, great product, great customers

Cons

lack of advancement opportunities, lack of corporate vision

Advice to Management

Believe in the product and grow

2. Moderate company, great product.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Caribou Coffee full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The product they produce is quality. The demands on you are generally acceptable for the industry.

Cons

Sadly my DM had no experience being a DM, and had never worked at the manager level. She had been a purchasing manager for a fabrics company before this and truly did not understand how to manager others or what the needs of our jobs were. The other harsh point is that the company changed leadership quite a bit during the time that I was there and their focus/drive changed with each new leader. The things I see now are quite encouraging however.

Advice to Management

Use DMs with a bit more background. Aslo a DM with three years of 80-100% store manager turnover should have been removed long before she was. You lost several quality managers due to her leadership style.