Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital

www.carilionclinic.org
There are newer employer reviews for Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital

Carilion Employee

I have been working at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital

Pros

I enjoy the people that I work with including the people who manage the department. The managers support your ideas and promote change. The facility itself is in great condition. There are also paramedics, CAs, and housekeeping as well which helps the nurses provide better care for their patient's.

Cons

The salary is low. Carilion offers very little money to their nurses. There is no benefit to staying for the long term. Often times nurses get their year or two of experience and then leave. This means the nurses that stay spend a lot of their time orienting new and very inexperienced nurses without being compensated.

I think if Carilion looked at how much it spends on orienting new nurses every year and then considered how much they are willing to pay their seasoned nurses they would find it makes way more sense to spend more money trying to keep the nurses they already have. In addition, inexperienced nurses also have the potential to lead to very expensive lawsuits. Nurses is SW VA get paid lower than nurses in any other area of VA and in my opinion that is nothing to be proud of.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital (View Most Recent)

Carilion Clinic

Current Employee - Staff RN
    Current Employee - Staff RN

I have been working at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital

Pros

Great room for advancement. Love my coworkers. Lots of educational opportunities through this company. Good place to start and a lot of interesting departments to work for.

Cons

The pay is subpar. Scheduling is erratic. If you want to gain next level RN you have to do all the work (CAP) on your own time. Expensive health insurance.

Do not work here, you'll thank me!

I worked at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital

Pros

My salary and benefits were good.

Cons

HR dept is fine unless or until you have a problem; not enough staff in case mgmnt/social work dept. Workload is two FT jobs in one. Some petty coworkers, lots of favoritism. Management is out of touch w/what workers do & do not care about this dept's high turnover. Mgmnt writes up workers all the time for being too slow or find other things to write ppl up for. It stays on your employee record there & makes it impossible to transfer to another dept.

Retire and HR needs to change up as well and bring new, different leaders aboard.

There are newer employer reviews for Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital