Carillon Assisted Living

www.carillonassistedliving.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Carillon Assisted Living

Great Place to work if you like being Micro-Managed and do not know how to think for yourself

Current Employee - Director Project Purchasing in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Director Project Purchasing in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Carillon Assisted Living

Pros

Great staff, Friendly. Beautiful office spaces- Owner did everything to make things nice for employees. Generous Bounus Performance Reviews-Quarterly. Very comfortable Office setting

Cons

Senior Manangement not willing to listen to employee ideas. I was kept from interaction with Owner when it was one of my job duties because my ideas would clash with members of senior management. I was hired as
Senior Management but treated as an hourly employee- not able to make any decisions; Micromanaged ++++
Travel and expenses not reimbursed at standard up to date rates.

Advice to Management

let people think, sometimes they have great ideas and know how to save lots of money

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Treat their employees horribly...do not work there unless you want to be abused, used, and underpaid.

I worked at Carillon Assisted Living full-time

Pros

Wonderful residents, good reputation for treating residents well. Pretty buildings, kept clean and updated.

Cons

They make tons of promises in interviews that they will not deliver. Horrible micro mangement and they truly only care about money and "how they look". Treatment of employees, especially department heads, is bordering abusive and hostile. they pay "chinese overtime" to dietary directors and activity directors, requiring overtime to only be paid at a rate that is about $2.75-$3.75 PER HOUR!!! Many practices are not only unethical, but are illegal. They word employment contracts so they can take away bonuses. Executive Directors are mostly spys and incompetent to manageme tasks, much less people. I would never recommend anyone to work there....ever! Work anywhere else but Carillon unless you have no life, no family, no social skills, or just like being abused and used. Everything is taped and videoed, even down to when you use the restroom!

Advice to Management

Quit treating good, decent, hard-working people like slaves. Respect the people you hire and stop micro managing every detail. People can't work under those conditions and it will be a continuing revolving door until you learn that your greed and overbearing EDs are ruining what could be a good thing.

The worst place I've ever worked

I have been working at Carillon Assisted Living

Pros

Pretty building - that's about it.

Cons

I feel sorry for the people living there who are paying big money for their rooms. Corporate uses all that money on their offices & personnel and on making sure the curtains match the carpet in the facility instead of investing in employees who have a real passion in caring for the elderly. Yes, pretty carpet and furniture might get people in the door, but poor quality care will have them leaving as fast as they came. Corporate rarely comes to the facility and when they do, they have their noses in the air and don't acknowledge the employees. They don't even require you to be a CNA to care for their residents. Just show up in your khaki pants, they'll give you a shirt, call you a PCA (personal care attendant), pay you minimum wage and then expect you to work like a dog. It's like a revolving door - residents don't know who is going to be caring for them from one day to the next. I have to agree with the other review that says they'll hire anybody who walks off the street and is willing to work for minimum wage. And yes, they should do "Undercover Boss" and see for themselves just how hard our workload is. They don't put enough people on each shift and are more concerned with the color of a vase than the bruises on a resident's body. I wish I could find another job, but it's hard in this economy. You can bet I'll never put my own family member in this place.

Advice to Management

Loosen up on the money and hire CNA's who have specific training in providing care for your residents! If you'll take care of your employees, you'll have happy employees and even happier residents - you'll probably even have waiting lists instead of empty rooms.