There are newer employer reviews for Carl Zeiss

Very rewarding and plenty of challenges

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Brighton, MI
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Brighton, MI

I have been working at Carl Zeiss full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company typically has positive growth which allows for some sense of employment security.

Cons

Top heavy in management positions and difficult for engineers to develop inot managers

Look within the ranks of engineering to improve growth in new markets. They are the ones with the creative talents and the eye for change.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Carl Zeiss (View Most Recent)

My Experience

Former Employee - Customer Support in Hebron, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Hebron, KY

I worked at Carl Zeiss full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay was good and the benefits as well. I wish I would never have left. I met alot of great people who I remain friends with to this day.

Cons

None really, people were great

The Mercedes of the optics industry. It's who everyone else compares themselves against.

Former Employee - Confocal Microscope Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Carl Zeiss

Pros

You can make a great income at Carl Zeiss once you learn the equipment and get a reputation in your area.

Cons

They change their commission compensation plan every year.... and you spend half the year trying to figure it out, and half the year pushing products that you normally wouldn't sell to a client so you can maximize your personal compensation in terms of commission.

Management was very good for the most part. My first manager had been in the industry for 20+ years and was always fair and equitable with me. Gave me lots of opportunity, and seemed to be sensitive to personal matters that arose during my tenure at Zeiss.

There are newer employer reviews for Carl Zeiss