There are newer employer reviews for Carl's Jr

Easy Job- But Horrible Place To Work

Current Employee - Carl's Junior Team Member in Sandy, UT
Current Employee - Carl's Junior Team Member in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time (less than an year)

Pros

A- You get a discount on food
B- The job is really easy
C- It was very easy to get hired
D- The Team Members are nice
E- The morning shift is the best shift to work (yes it sucks getting up early, but it's a lot slower and easier- all you do is stock cups, fill fry sauce cups, lids, etc. Plus in the morning you don't have to say the script that is required for you to say)

Cons

A- Cooks are really rude, slow, and mess up on orders constantly (which you're the one getting yelled at by the customers for their incompotence)
B- The Store Manager is nice but the Assistant Managers are really rude
C- Corporate Managers are really rude and fussy
D- Corporate Managers come in on a weekly basis (I've never had a job where corporate comes in as much as they do here)
E- Employees who have been there a long time get away with everything (they constantly pull no shows, walk out during shifts, and are short on their registers- and management does nothing about it)
F- They don't give you checks, you get a paycard (every two weeks when I get paid and want to transfer the money on my paycard to my bank account it's a hassle every time. I have to call the company every single time- which you get charged for)
G- Corporate Managers find reasons to yell at you (1- A lady asked me if she could have fry sauce and I said sure, the Corp. Manager then came over to me and yelled at me in front of customers that I'm supposed to say "My Pleasure" she then made me sign a paper verifying that I was told this. 2- One of the guys I worked with asked a customer if they'd like to try the California Burrito and Corp. Manager yelled at him that it's called Burrito California. 3- I could go on and on with examples)
H- If you're going to order food on your break- get the food first before you clock out. Otherwise you'll spend 15 minutes of your break (no exaggeration) waiting for your food then you'll have to scarf it down.
I- If you work the morning shift you get your break really early (if you're scheduled 7-2 then you'll get your break at 9- they want you to have your break over with before it gets busy. So you then go through the rest of the day exhausted)
J- Make sure you keep the slip that prints out when you clock out for your break (I had the Assistant Manager yell at me that I was on break for 45 min. and I said "no I wasn't I've only been out for 25 min. here's my slip")
K- They still have discontinued items on the menu and then they get mad at you when you sell one of those items to the customer.
L- You make minimum wage

Treat employees better, get better nicer cooks, and treat everyone equally.

75 Other Employee Reviews for Carl's Jr (View Most Recent)

What you'd expect

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Always something to do

Cons

Low pay but no lower than others in the industry

Frustrating and stressful at times but also stable and not difficult.

Current Employee - Cashier in Buena Park, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr

Pros

Helpful if you want to learn basic customer service.
    Co-workers are usually very friendly.
    You can start to network with regular customers and create more opportunities for future employment.

Cons

Hours aren't consistent, you can work everyday one week and then just a single day the next.
    Management isn't always filled with competent people.
    It's fast food.