There are newer employer reviews for Carl's Jr

Fast paced and always busy, management is the worst

Current Employee - Cook
Current Employee - Cook

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working as a team was very good. Majority of my coworkers are willing to help. Discounts of 50% off food when on breaks and 20% off any other time.

Cons

The place is always busy and fast paced. If you are the cook, as I am, you will fall behind on orders. You constantly get yelled at my management and even some of the rude cashiers about not putting out the food fast enough. All orders had to be out in under 3 minutes, which is nearly impossible when customers order 6+ burgers.

But the worst of it all was when you had weekly upper management come in to inspect the place working efficiently. They never praise the employees, they just hassle us about the mistakes we do. Every employee hates them.

Work with the crew members and not hassle them. We do our best to provide great service.

reviews filtered by
  1. Slave drivers

Current Employee - Slave in Norco, CA
    Current Employee - Slave in Norco, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time (more than a year)

Pros

there are no pros that I can talk about. If I did I would be lying to all.

Cons

Norco, CA - no raises because the management decided to buy TVs to install in the dining area. Some workers have been working hear for month, and years and are lucky if they get a .10 cent raise.
    Long hours
    During the busy lunch hours the managers hide in the back while one person manages the drive thru and the front reception area.
    If we ask for a raise management tells us to get another job, or that we are lucky to have a job.
    The reward programs are meant to help the managers, and not the employees who do the actual job
    Managers refuse to give breaks or will give us our breaks a few minutes before we clock out for the day.
    lack of any type of culture or values.
    No respect for its employees
    No cost of living increases
    Company keeps boasting about how much money they make, but yet they don't even provide basic cost of living to their employees.
    CEO is clueless of what is happening in the work environment, or he is a greedy SOB

Respect your employees who make the money for you.
    Provide honest wages, and reward hard working employees which will lead to better customer service, and will make customer want to come back.
    Respect, Respect, and communicate

2. Dead end job

Former Employee - Drive Through Cashier in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Drive Through Cashier in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr part-time (more than a year)

Pros

None that I remember from the top of my head, just that it is a paycheck though even if it is min wage

Cons

Long grueling hours for little pay, angry and demanding customers, unreasonable expectations, lots of shift changes, unmotivated coworkers and not very supportive management

There are newer employer reviews for Carl's Jr