Carl's Jr

There are newer employer reviews for Carl's Jr

Avoid at ALL costs, no MATTER how desperate

Current Employee - Crew Member/Cashier in Katy, TX
Current Employee - Crew Member/Cashier in Katy, TX

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time (less than an year)

Pros

20%, 50% discount on meals - that is if you used it regularly enough

Cons

**Despite the discount, I DON'T EAT HERE, I bought a shake during a break and it made me sick whenever I took a sip. I even made it myself!
**There's district/regional/general manager conflicts.
**I'm sure no one at the restaurant likes their coworkers, and you consistently hear managers cursing the job, on the job.
**The Carl's Jr I work at is disorganized and consistently lacks supplies.
I'm overworked and sometimes never get a much needed break. Customers like me and come back for the service but because I'm the only cashier on deck I have to juggle cleaning the ever dirty tables, sweep THEN mop the floors, wipe down windows from the inside AND outside, clear restrooms, replace and take out all the trash to the dumpster and beverage bar which is all expected to be done in less than 15 minutes. And I tend to guests as they come in so I have to constantly restart the "circle of influence" so I can't get things done when I have things pulling me in 3 different directions. Not doable, and not conceivable--especially during lunch rush when the stress is greater.
One manager threatened to keep me at the restaurant past my time even though the afternoon shift cashier had clocked in to assume my duties.
**The place is filthy. I ate once at the location I work at (before I worked there) and the tabletops were sticky. As I got employed I learned why: the employees don't change out their sanitation bucket water and will continue using the same dirty water until it's opaque and grey. Remember that these buckets and towels have all the crumbs, grease, soda, and dirt cleaned up from guests' tables in them. Filthy. Disgusting.

**SCRIPTING. Every guest gives me a dirty look whenever I ask them if they want the 1/3 or 1/2 lb patty for the thick burger, or to upsize, because it tacks on $2-$4 to what would've been a more affordable meal, into a over-glorified heart attack. Whoever wrote the scripting has probably never dealt with face-to-face business in the restaurant service industry.

Have a "busboy" job, because a cashier can't be both a cashier and busboy within reasonable means.

Hire better managers.

Don't play "favorites".

Have better hierarchy of management organization.

Get a better POS system that gives more power to cashiers with the guest orders--every time I ask for the manager card because a guest changed their mind about a meal, the manager shoots me a dirty look as if I did something wrong.

80 Other Employee Reviews for Carl's Jr (View Most Recent)

Hours are crap

Current Employee - Crew Member in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Corona, CA

I have been working at Carl's Jr part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fast paced, Co-workers are friendly, Decent first job, Immediate job security

Cons

Hours/days are crap: I only get 4 and a half hours, one day a week even after working here for 3 months; Feels like certain employees get more hours than others; Over staffed

Please reconsider how you hire people. It seems that people get hired left and right just to move out other employees (high turn over rate).

2002 this was the best place that any general manager would love to work at. But in 2008 it all went down hill.

Former Employee - General Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Carl's Jr full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits good pay bonus are good and hourly pay now.

Cons

Leadership change and it's not worth working there anymore.

If you want vacaciones you need to save labor ahead to take time off.

There are newer employer reviews for Carl's Jr