There are newer employer reviews for Carlson Companies

They can leave you hanging

I worked at Carlson Companies

Pros

While they still focoused on profits as a private company they were not accountable to large shareholders. This allow great flexibiltiy in top management direction

Cons

While they speak highly of how they are attentive to the needs of the employees they do not communicate with them or support them as much as they could.

Advice to Management

When I first started with Carlson, I was impressed with the mission and direction of the company. I left Carlson because not all of the senior or regional staff support the mission or the team members efforts.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Finance/Accounting Functions

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Carlson Companies full-time

Pros

Great work life balance, people are friendly and willing to help. They push volunteering and help you get out there. In most roles you can do what you want to do as long as you do what you need to do. They encourage getting out there and meeting people across the company. Most roles have general documentation to help get you started.

Cons

Some of the communication is poor and it can be hard to advance.

Advice to Management

Good job so far, I would recommend more career development programs and training for individuals that want to advance. Build on the communication and you have a great company.

2. Carlson Review

Current Employee - Finance in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Finance in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Carlson Companies

Pros

Awesome work/life balance, able to work from home if need arises, fun events to keep employee morale up, very into charitable giving and having their employees do the same-not only with money but with time (we do habitat for humanity, feed my starving children, charity giving campaign). Good discount on Carlson hotels. Great work culture!

Cons

I do not have any cons about this company so far, I really enjoy both the people I work with and the people I work for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing-always being open and transparent with your employees, engaging employees, promoting work/life balance.