There are newer employer reviews for Carlson Hotels

Learn how to learn from others, lead by understanding what is really happening in the industry.

Former Employee - Functional Aea Support Manager, HSSC  in  Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Functional Aea Support Manager, HSSC in Omaha, NE

I worked at Carlson Hotels

Pros

The people who work there and loyal and dedicated no matter their surroundings. The benefits and compensation was competative with other industries. Some senior leaders were effective and attentive to their business units. When the company was being run by the Carlson family, it was a family atmosphere and a happy place to be associated with.
There are few other good reasons to to associated with Catlson because the entire company has changed and the President of the hotels in the Americas- Jay Witzel is behind the times. He should retitre and let someomne who is on the cutting edge of changes that are needed take over the helm.

Cons

Poor promotional opportunities and my personal senior management (VP Franchise Services) was a poor manager, communicator and person.The franchise hotels and their management will not follow Carlson blindly into the future.

Get to know the individuals and their real strengths and not how well they answer YES to your demands.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Carlson Hotels (View Most Recent)

A pathetic and Self Centric Company

I have been working at Carlson Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It has no advantages to join .

Cons

Its a waste of time and careers to join its branch in Jaipur and India named at Country Inn and Suites By CARLSON JAIPUR .It has GM's - MATHUR and Management which care nothing about anything , will throw you out if you question there policy, cut your PL money , cut your CL and will punish you by asking to leave department . They will replace you by half paid person and ask you to leave .
    THE COMPANY NOT CARE ABT EMPLOYEE'S AND there family's , they are stopping the payment of people and harassing them .No promotion/no care/worst company .

They should care abt the employee and there benefits .

increasing my knowledge and make me feel as i m working for my home

Current Employee - Store and Purchase  in  Mussoorie (India)
    Current Employee - Store and Purchase in Mussoorie (India)

I have been working at Carlson Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

its my pleasure that i m working with carlson hotels as here i came to know about the more and more things and services of the hotel industries. another than this way of working in carlson hotels is very good and encouraging.

Cons

in every hotels there are downsides so in carlson hotels also well i have no problems with these downsides whereas i love to overcome them with my team.

Always motivate your junior staff and try to solve any problem which comes in any department as a team

There are newer employer reviews for Carlson Hotels

Worked for Carlson Hotels? Contribute to the Community!