Carlson Hotels

There are newer employer reviews for Carlson Hotels

Front Desk

Current Employee - Front Desk in Bloomington, MN
Current Employee - Front Desk in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Carlson Hotels full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love the staff I work with. Everyone here is like family to me. It is a fun atmosphere and everyone works well together.

Cons

Honestly I have not been here long, but I have not ran into anything yet that has bothered me.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Carlson Hotels (View Most Recent)

Director

I have been working at Carlson Hotels full-time

Pros

The pay is above the market rate.

Cons

The company is micro managed and the power to make decisions is vested in a limited few.

Very good and very bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at Carlson Hotels full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company gave me some wonderful opportunities to grow and travel and they have some strong female leadership. Decent benefits.

Cons

I worked there for over 10 years and in the past few years saw the leadership of the company completely go down hill. It is obvious that the company is now being run by the third generation of Carlson's who seem more intent on selling off all the assets than investing in the future of the company. Many of the leaders of the company are the worst managers I have ever known. More and more they are employing leaders who feel that yelling at the employees to get them to do more work is more productive than helping them grow and learn in their positions. About 50% of the time when a new department leader is hired, most people in the department are eliminated and they bring in all new people. This is just a horribly inefficient way to run a business. The company is so full of directors and vice presidents it's just silly. They all treat anyone below director level as if any decisions that are being made are none of their concern and to JUST DO THE WORK OR ELSE.

Nurture and grow your employees rather than eliminating them. Have an honest constructive conversation with your employees to help them grow. Oh and quit yelling at everyone - making them afraid that they are going to lose their jobs if they don't work 60 hours a week.

There are newer employer reviews for Carlson Hotels