Carlson Hotels
www.carlsonhotels.com Minnetonka, MN 150 to 499 Employees

Challenging and exciting, but the company does not reward ALL top performers as much as I would like.

Project Manager, Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee)
Minnetonka, MN

ProsExciting industry, challenging environment, good benefits, ambitious goals, promotes good work-life balance, cafeteria on-site, employee discount, good leadership.

ConsDifficult to be promoted. Some departments/teams are not as valued or recognized as others. Recognition does not always go to all who deserve it. A lot of workplace politics (as with most large companies). At times, departments do not collaborate together well.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more opportunities for people to be promoted and recognized (especially those in non-operations roles).

Learn how to learn from others, lead by understanding what is really happening in the industry.

Functional Aea Support Manager, HSSC (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

I worked at Carlson Hotels

Pros: The people who work there and loyal and dedicated no matter their surroundings. The benefits and compensation was competative with other industries. Some senior… Cons: Poor promotional opportunities and my personal senior management (VP Franchise Services) was a poor manager,… Advice to Senior Management: Get to know the individuals and their real strengths and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A pathetic and Self Centric Company

I have been working at Carlson Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: It has no advantages to join . Cons: Its a waste of time and careers to join its branch in Jaipur and India named at Country Inn and Suites By CARLSON JAIPUR .It… Advice to Senior Management: They should care abt the employee and there benefits . No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Carlson Hotels.

Worked for Carlson Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carlson Hotels reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Carlson Hotels CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Carlson Hotels employees.