There are newer employer reviews for Carlson Restaurants

Eh

Current Employee - Bartender  in  Peoria, IL
Current Employee - Bartender in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Carlson Restaurants full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Like any restaurant job, okay way to make decent money while your in high school or college.

Cons

Bad work environment. Poor management. Bad hours.

Hire people with Business Degrees to run the restaurants, not Culinary certificates. The store I worked for had absolutely no strategic management, and they made unintelligent decisions that drove the store I worked at into the ground. Terrible work environment. Sad, because the place used to be a great place to work; now, I'm looking forward to getting out as soon as possible!

37 Other Employee Reviews for Carlson Restaurants (View Most Recent)

Fading Brand

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Carlson Restaurants

Pros

Lots of time off, good company ethics flex schedule, good employee screening process, benefits first day, freindy support team

Cons

Desperate, dying brand that has seen it's day. Too many coupons bring in bad crowd to have to deal with, complicated, senseless menu

Sell off units to franchisees, go back to basics with menu, stop trying to be fancy restaurant and be who you were

Good stepping stone to something else

Current Employee - National Advertising Manager, TGI Fridays  in  Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - National Advertising Manager, TGI Fridays in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Carlson Restaurants

Pros

They have fair pay with bonus potential, generous time off and little supervision which provides flexibility to run errands during the day. They also provide restaurant discounts.

Cons

Culture can sometimes be corny, management staff is not the most competent, job tasks are not challenging and the most qualified people are not always rewarded.

There are newer employer reviews for Carlson Restaurants

Worked for Carlson Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!