Carmike Cinemas

www.carmike.com
There are newer employer reviews for Carmike Cinemas

depends on who you know.....at times.

Current Employee - General Manager
Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Carmike Cinemas full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

relaxed pace, good people meaning coworkers and customers. free movies

Cons

long hours
nights weekend and holidays.
no real connection at times with home office.

in the field we are always warned to be nervious of the home office. never say anything out of place or that could be heard to fellow manager or home office personal you dont know if cause you problems later. they have made strides to make this feel as a group effort but its always the field thats butts are on the line. most upper management hasnt ran a theatre in so long they have forgot how and to do it today under their new rules and time lines, division mgrs and vp's havent run a large theatre. years of service do not match with pay and with any perks vacation or weekend off and 401k after 2 years you have it all, because 2 weeks a vacation is all you will ever get. no real evals so you dont know where you stand as far as pay or where you might want to go in the company.i am glad though to see some people gone from carmike.

123 Other Employee Reviews for Carmike Cinemas (View Most Recent)

It was fun and good hard work.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Carmike Cinemas part-time (more than an year)

Pros

movies, popcorn, hard work, flexible, different positions to fill such as ushing, box office, and concessions, light atmosphere, cheery

Cons

Management, or at least the general manager, was terrible. Definitely a glass ceiling situation when it came for women to actually succeed.

Get better management.

Waste of my time

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Carmike Cinemas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with some great people and met some great customers. Liked seeing movies for free.

Cons

Long hours, no overtime, TERRIBLE PAY, upper management treating you like dirt when all you do is work hard. I was mid management and I ran the projectors and show and the employees and customer service working over 60hrs a week with no extra pay. Never got a warning in all my 4yrs and one day I was gone because of a change up in management. There were benefits offered, but they were so expensive and covered so little that I would not be able to afford food if I chose them.

Higher ups: Don't treat your people like they are nothing. Give them positive reinforcement and enough pay to live. Shorten the hours so that everyone gets 40hr work week.
    Complex Managers: Do not overly rely on your assistants- they DO resent you for it. Treat them like partners in running the place, because if it is not a united front- things fall apart fast.

There are newer employer reviews for Carmike Cinemas